We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lecce Trip

West Midlands
Level Contributor
367 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
Lecce Trip

Have just got back from a really enjoyable week in Lecce. The weather wasn't wonderful, with one day of heavy rain accompanied by people trying to sell umbrellas to all and sundry, and another day of strong winds. The weather didn't really affect our enjoyment.

We stayed in an apartment opposite to the side door of the Duomo, and it was splendid, review to be posted.

Lots of parties of children and guided tours but it was easy to find quiet deserted corners. I don't think I would like to visit at the height of summer.

We enjoyed some good meals and especially 'OO', again reviews where appropriate.

There are some lovely pieces of architecture but as someone has said cherubs become boring eventually.

A few beggars about but not as evident as in Spain.

We visited Otranto and then on to S.Maria de Leuca. We took a trip which we found in the tourist office, enjoyable. We also went to Massafra, fascinating and Matera quite stunning.

We love Italy and are now trying to decide where next.

Salento Bici Tour
Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours
Infotab Tours - Underground Lecce
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
106,438 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lecce Trip

Welcome back WestMidlandsLizzy, and thanks for your report!

So Lecce didn't rock like Siracusa!

Hope you find your next destination.

The best -

Vagabonda

West Midlands
Level Contributor
367 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lecce Trip

Thanks Vagabonda, for your help pre visit and your comment today.

When we decide no doubt we will be seeking your advice again. We are tempted by Sicily, Sardinia, Perugia, Bologna, Verona etc. I could go on and on!!!

Edited: 20 May 2014, 14:22
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
106,438 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lecce Trip

Prego WestMidlandsLizzy,

Well you certainly have a lovely list of destinations!

Have you been to Lake Como?

Vagabonda

West Midlands
Level Contributor
367 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lecce Trip

Hi Vagabonda

We have been to Lake Maggiore which we liked a great deal and have friends who have made frequent visits to Garda but I think Como does look very nice, quieter than the other two lakes I think.

My husband has just worked out the number of our visits to Italy. With the Lecce visit that makes twelve times, three of those to Sicily. But there is so much more to see!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
106,438 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lecce Trip

Well you might always consider another holiday in Sicily WestMidlandsLizzy. There is so much to see and do, even on the Aeolian or Egadi Islands.

Lake Como is more lively than (sedate) Lake Maggiore, and then there's always the possibility to visit Lugano (town) and Lake Lugano, and even day trip to Milano, Bergamo, or Switzerland.

Any time WestMidlandsLizzy!

Vagabonda

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lecce Trip

I just got back from my 9th trip to Italy... what draws me back every time is not the people (frankly we find that they're not the warmest) but the beauty, history, food, and shoes! ;D. I would recommend Bologna, not a stunning city, but holy cow you end up eating really well! The food is amazing!! Amazing!!! I have been back home for a week now and I am still thinking of all the yumminess I ate... If you ever visit be sure to try the tortellini in brodo. Simple and delicious.

7. Re: Lecce Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Lecce
Recent Conversations