We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation

Which Lignano Sabbiadoro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Miami Beach, Florida
1 post
Save Topic
transportation

Mid June on a Sunday I will need to go from Venice Airport to Lignano Sabbiadoro.

I need the following information:

Cost and how long it takes the train from Mestre to Latisana

Cost and how long it takes the bus from Airport to Mestre Train Station.

Thank you

Vittoriosa
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation

Hi,

from mestre to latisana it takes less than an hour by train. Costs 14euros.

From latisana to lignano sabbiadoro by bus isnt always the same, but it shouldnt take more than an hour also.

So you should make it in about 2 hours from venice to lignano.

Boston, MA
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation

I too need to go from Venice to LIgnano Sabbiadoro, but I wanted to spend a day somewhere else in the area and was thinking of doing a one-way car rental. However, the online searches don't seem to think there is a car rental facility in Lignano Sabbiadoro, and I don't know the area well enough to search for nearby locations.

If it matters, I would be picking up the car on a Saturday morning and returning it on a Sunday.

Thanks.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,637 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation

You will probably need to go to a larger centre to find most of the car rental agencies, especially one open on a Sunday. Unless anyone else has a better idea, I would probably suggest Udine as the closest large centre, probably a good 45 minute drive from Lignano. Just a heads up, Lignano and neighbouring seaside areas (Bibione, Grado, etc.,) get pretty busy on the weekends. Enjoy your trip.

Udine, Italy
Level Contributor
396 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation

First off, if you plan to do this in july or august, just one BIG WORD of warning. Traffic. Can be intense in highways and from/to beach towns.

Besides that, Tutman suggestion's an appropriate one. Your best pick, in your scenario, would be to drive (...or, even better... catch a train, to avoid all traffic jams) to Udine. And from there, take a coach to Lignano Sabbiadoro. Costs less, easier to do. I'm not aware of any rental car companies in Lignano.

The only downside is that the Udine train/coach station area is considered unsafe by some at night. So just plan things accordingly.

5. Re: transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Lignano Sabbiadoro
More Lignano Sabbiadoro Topics