We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beaches

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
beaches

Are there sun beds on Marina Corta and/or Marina Lunga? Are they both within walking distance of the centro?

modica
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beaches

Not when I was last there - they are ports not beaches. If you want a beach you will have get on the bus, or find a place with a terrace and subbeds.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
102,867 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: beaches

As modicasa stated, Marina Corta and Marina Lunga are the ports, but there is Ponente near Marina Lunga.

You would like Lipari’s sand beach at Spiaggia Bianca (White Beach), not located near the centre, so you would take the Urso bus from town.

aasteolie.191.it/Piantine%20isole/Pianta%20i…

http://www.ursobus.it/

Have you considered Villa Enrica? – A walk from town, but also convenient to the beach and it’s a partner with Amarea right near the beach at Canneto.

Villa Enrica:

www.aeoliancharme.com/villaenrica/index.html

expedia.ca/pub/…1497184

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g194798-d613676…

Vagabonda

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beaches

Thank you, modicas e Vagabonda.

What is there in Ponente?

Yes, I've just looked at Villa Enrica from your reply to my other post. Molta bella. If I stay there, I may stay there all day, and not go to Salina for the hike! :-)

The price, if the same as the web site, is very reasonable.

Distance, approximately 1.5 - 2 km from town?

"convenient to the beach" which beach were you refering to?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
102,867 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: beaches

Ponente is a very small beach about 2,5km from Villa Enrica. Canneto is the beach you would probably want, also 2,5km from Villa Enrica. Villa Enrica is about 600 metres from the sea. There’s a bus near the hotel that would take you to town, but the bus for the beach is about 600 metres from the hotel. You’ll be visiting early for the beach season, but if you’d like to be at the beach, consider Villa Enrica’s other hotel at Amarea at only 50 metres from the beach.

Villa Enrica is charming and the views.....

Vagabonda

5. Re: beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2011, 07:18