We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want to get married in Italy

Which Livigno hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Want to get married in Italy

Hello. My fiance and I want to get married in Italy and were wondering if there was somewhere in Livigno to get married, legally (we're from the US). Any ideas?

Thanks so much!

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,521 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Want to get married in Italy

why there....popular place seems to be the Amalfi or the Lakes districts

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Want to get married in Italy

The first thing to do is check on the Consul General of Italy's web site for the document and translation requirements since those things can take a very long time to acquire. I don't know if you'll be required to have a personal interview with the consular staff, but I think there are several different consular office locations in the US so note the one closest to where you live. Be sure to use a translator recommended by the consular staff because that will be the fastest way through the document maze. Be sure to comply exactly with the requirements. Good enough won't be, and you'll have to start the whole process from scratch.

Buona fortuna.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,886 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Want to get married in Italy

So far as I know, the only people who can conduct a legal wedding in Italy are Catholic priests and the relevant official at the local Town Hall. It is a mine field for those who do not know the process.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,129 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Want to get married in Italy

There maybe information on the thread.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12292-Destinat…

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,482 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Want to get married in Italy

For a legal marriage, the only place is likely to be the building pictured top left on the comune's website http://www.comune.livigno.so.it/ (not available in English).

This site may help …fco.gov.uk/en/… though it may that the US embassy has a similar page which would be better for you.

Leeds
Level Contributor
324 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Want to get married in Italy

You can get married in Livigno. Friends of mine from London got married at Christmas 2008 in the town hall. I think you need to be in Livigno 3/4 days before the wedding day and you will need help with the paperwork and someone to translate the ceremony,

We knew people out there so this helped, best of luck

MOT

Articwarrior

bristol
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Want to get married in Italy

we tried 4 years ago and failed through our own fault really though!

i had been married before which was our main problem. we went through all the stress of getting divorce papers etc translated and stamped for authenticity. we had to get them stamped by a high leader of the catholic order which we did. spent loads on translation and legalisation of documents. had plans to get married in the town hall in livvy and then have our reception in the hut that used to be by the mottolino restaurant alongside the boarder park. we have many friends in livigno and everything was going to plan perfectly. until we found out 2 weeks before i had not been divorced for the full 9 months! it was 8 and a half months since my absolute had come through. (it was a very long drawn out divorce) for this reason we could not be married. aparently it was because i could possibly have been with child from my previous husband, although i am sure this would have been noticeable!!! we ended up having a quick registry office 2 days before we left the uk and 18 of our friends came with us and we celebrated as planned. what was amusing was that i came back with child!!!!!!

hannah

leicester
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Want to get married in Italy

Hello,

I just married in livigno on the 8th of April and I am from the UK! It was truly amazing. We got married in the Registry office but had the ceromony at the top of the mountain. 100's of people gathered to watch! The photos were spectacular. If you email me on sel11@le.ac.uk I will send you a link to photos if you like. I had to organise it all myself though. No wedding planners I am afraid!

Suzi x

leicester
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Want to get married in Italy

Hello,

I just married in livigno on the 8th of April and I am from the UK! It was truly amazing. We got married in the Registry office but had the ceromony at the top of the mountain. 100's of people gathered to watch! The photos were spectacular. If you email me on sel11@le.ac.uk I will send you a link to photos if you like. I had to organise it all myself though. No wedding planners I am afraid!

Suzi x

Sarasota, Florida
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Want to get married in Italy

Italy is a romantic place and Livigno is adorable. Check out this site it's a beautiful panoramic hotel http://www.hotelalexanderlivigno.com. My cousin got married overthere. I spent a week and had a ball. I am from USA

Get answers to your questions about Livigno
Recent Conversations