We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pirate Pub?

Which Malcesine hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Thurrock...
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Pirate Pub?

Hi all, I visited Malcesine about 8 years ago and ate some wonderful pizza in a pub decked (no pun intended) as a pirate ship down near the lake front. Does anyone know if it's still there and if so what's it called?

Thanks

Paul

San Diego...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pirate Pub?

That sounds awesome. I'll be in Verona this Sept. so I'm posting in case someone knows where it is cause I definitely want to check that out.

(Google was no help)

Belfast
Level Contributor
476 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pirate Pub?

Can't remember the name of it but it is definitely still there and doing a roaring trade. I was in it in June for drinks only, though they did serve up some nice pizza bread with our beer.

West Thurrock...
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pirate Pub?

I remember it so well partly because it was so quiet (understandable, we visit during October) but the owners (I assume) were having what only can be described as a feast of meal upon meal for ages, I couldn't count how many courses there were.

Belfast
Level Contributor
476 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pirate Pub?

Funny there was a similar meal going on when we were there too and lots of animated discussion Italian style. The owners seemed to be twin brothers. Very welcoming and made a big fuss of any kids there.

Its on a corner at the harbour. To your left if looking out to the lake or your right if looking inland.

lagodigarda
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pirate Pub?

Maybe... La Cambusa?

West Thurrock...
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pirate Pub?

Thank you, after translating the reviews La Cambusa sounds like it. Not so sure about the frozen pizza comment in the reviews, it was one of the best pizzas I've ever had, in-laws are visiting Garda soon so hopeful they go here and report back better news!

Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pirate Pub?

The Pirate Pub as suggest from "lagodigardaveronese" is "La Cambusa".

Is situated in a deck of the square of the harbour.

The original Staff that work in that restaurant/pizzeria 8 years ago now are in the "Al Marinaio" pizzeria/restaurant in the square of the old harbour.

I Hope that you find this information usefull also if they arrive with a bit of delay

8. Re: Pirate Pub?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2011, 06:39