We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

'Appartamento Via Panoramica' Listing

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
18 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
'Appartamento Via Panoramica' Listing

Trying to find out if anyone has visited this property yet. Or, if anyone knows more specific details. The location information is somewhat vague. It seems to be too good to be true! I am hoping it is just a fantastic find! Thank you.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,860 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 'Appartamento Via Panoramica' Listing

Hi, can you give us more details, e.g. where you saw it advertised? Via Panoramica is a very long, very twisty road that climbs up the hillside from the south of Malcesine and there are probably many apartments on this road. Unless the apartment is right at the beginning of the road, you would need to have a car.

You can "walk" Via Panoramica on Google maps which would give you an idea of the topography.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
18 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 'Appartamento Via Panoramica' Listing

Thank you for your prompt response. The apartment is listed here on TripAdvisor.com. It seems it was just listed in January this year. It is listed exactly as noted above. It is also listed at holidaylettings.co.uk..I believe the listing number is 1341365 at that site. The contact's name is Irene C. I found that the phone number given belongs to a Consolini Alessandro. There is no exact address...just photos.

Edited: 29 March 2014, 16:39
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
18 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 'Appartamento Via Panoramica' Listing

I have found a few more details regarding the apartment in question. Based on the Google map attached to the listing, the apartment is in, or close to an area called Dumez. The only named streets were Via Salita Monte Baldo and Localita Masotta.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,860 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 'Appartamento Via Panoramica' Listing

Is this it?

holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/verona/1341365

You would definitely have a good view from up there but it's a long way from Malcesine.

Obviously this is your vacation and if it appeals to you then by all means go ahead but, if you are looking for opinions, I personally wouldn't want to stay in a place with no previous reviews. I would also prefer to be within reasonable walking distance of a town and not completely reliant on having a car to go anywhere.

I'm confused by the part that says "Access - car not necessary" as you would definitely need a car!

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
5,877 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 'Appartamento Via Panoramica' Listing

I agree, looks a long way and uphill from Malcesine. Personally I am always wary when there is a lack of information - especially when they are vague about the exact position. It looks as though they only want long lets, with a minimum stay of 90 nights!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
18 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 'Appartamento Via Panoramica' Listing

Yes, that is the one. Thank you both for your assistance. Very good points to keep in mind.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,860 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 'Appartamento Via Panoramica' Listing

I hadn't noticed that Tepore! It's confusing though as it also says "Will consider long term lets over 1 month". Very odd. And it seems to be suitable for people with restricted mobility - but a car isn't necessary! Very misleading - how would they get up and down the hill??

7374ME, it can't have been easy to find here on TA as it's listed under Verona and not Lake Garda.

tripadvisor.co.uk/VacationRentalReview-g1878…

There seems to be some confusion also about whether there are two or three bathrooms.

I would avoid this one. When something appears too good to be true, it usually is..

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
18 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 'Appartamento Via Panoramica' Listing

You are correct. I was just hoping :-) ...the search continues! Thanks again for your insight.

9. Re: 'Appartamento Via Panoramica' Listing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2015, 06:16