We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendation for our wedding

Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel recommendation for our wedding

Hi all

After taking my fiancé to Lake Garda on a surprise trip to propose to her (she said yes) we are returning next year for our wedding. Last time we stayed in the Gardone Riviera at the Grand Hotel Fasano. We are getting married in Malcesine next September and quite simply I could do with a recommendation of which is the best hotel in the area. It is our wedding and so I really want it to be as luxurious as possible. Am prepared to be slightly outside of Malcesine but not too far away - say 15 mins by car max. Please please help.

Thank you so much in advance

Best wishes

John & Becky

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
5,996 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendation for our wedding

Congratulations, so glad she said yes! Look at the Hotel Castello, a superb small family run hotel with an excellent restaurant. Situated on the lakeside just below the castle.

http://www.h-c.it

Edited: 15 June 2014, 21:19
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendation for our wedding

Thank you Tepore

That certainly looks like something suitable. Out of interest are there any five star hotels on the east side of the lake? I have been doing a little research but cant seem to find any. I would be prepared to be a little further away from Malcesine if it was the perfect hotel and want to make sure I have exhausted all posibilities, especially considering the Grand Hotel Fasano was such a wonderful luxury (and originally ornate which my fiance prefers) hotel.

Many thanks again

Regards

John

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
5,996 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendation for our wedding

Hi, no there are no 5* hotels on the eastern shore the nearest would be in Riva del Garda

www.lido-palace.it/en/offers/special-offers/…

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,947 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recommendation for our wedding

Hi, the 5* luxury hotels all seem to be on the west side of the lake or in Riva and Sirmione:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g1850051-zfc5-Lake_…

It will take something special to meet the same level as the Fasano!

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g1850051-zfc5-Lake_…

5. Re: Hotel recommendation for our wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 06:16