We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Residence Pianeta Maratea

California
Level Contributor
9 posts
197 reviews
Save Topic
Club Residence Pianeta Maratea

We have exchanged into the Residence for Sept. 2011, and have been unable to obtain much information other than negative reviews, mainly concerning the condition of the units. If anyone has any information regarding transportation around the area without a car, or any other helpful hints for experiencing the area, it would be much appreciated. Have any recent visitors found any improvement???

canberra
Level Contributor
18 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Residence Pianeta Maratea

did you receive any replies? we are going there in june 2011 and i am really worried about the bad reviews as well. we also need to find a driver or a tour guide to take us around. would be interested in anything you havefound out.

California
Level Contributor
9 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Residence Pianeta Maratea

Good to hear from another brave soul! I've heard nothing, but I've obtained some information on the web. The following site was the most informative.

www.italyheaven.co.uk/basilicata/maratea.html

We have stayed in several european timeshares and with few exceptions, accomodations are minimalistic and utilitarian. Our main concern here, rather than the units, is getting around without a car. Apparently local buses are available , but don't know how convenient to resort the stops are. I have emailed the facility, but have received no reply. I think they are closed until May. Supposedly the resort has concierge service, so it is likely tours can be arranged. You should "google earth" the area... very enlightening. It's very rugged, to say the least.

While they recommend a car, having traveled the Amalfi coast, and having seen pictures of this area, no way do we want to drive. As to hiring a driver, I'm sure that can be arranged.

I would love to hear from you after your visit, or before, too, if you find out any information. Hope you have a great, safe trip.

California
Level Contributor
9 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Residence Pianeta Maratea

I received another website from a forum on Frommers, which provides a lot of information. It is:

http://www.maratea.info/ita_00000a.htm

I would love to hear from you after your June trip. Hope you have a great time.

nesconset ny
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Residence Pianeta Maratea

saw your post and we a family of five, are heading there in june not much info availble also do not want to rent car hope you had a wonderful trip, would be i would be greatful for any help i am deciding btw locanda delle donne monach and hotel murmann murmann seems closer to public transportation???? thank you linda

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,506 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Club Residence Pianeta Maratea

Buses serving Maratea can be found by clicking relevant services on http://www.sitabus.it/wps/portal/OrariPotenza and on here http://www.roccosrl.it/Linee%20Regionali.html Frequent they are not.

Trains can be found on http://www.trenitalia.com/homepage_en.html - apart from Maratea, there are also stations at Marina di Maratea and Acquafredda. Use a date this week, as most fares are only posted online seven days in advance, and timetables are not yet loaded for dates beyond June 11.

In my opinion, driving in this area is fairly straightforward. It is certainly less challenging than the Amalfi coast.

rome
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Club Residence Pianeta Maratea

hi there!

i am from Maratea and I work with tourism... I can give you all the support and infos that you need. please contact me through the phone 00393470736169 or through email at bookyourbed@hotmail.com (please mention http://www.tripadvisor.com/ in your email)

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,506 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Club Residence Pianeta Maratea

Having looked for the precise location of Pianeta Maratea, the only bus which goes near it is apparently the 136, so to get anywhere you are most likely to want to go you would have to change buses or walk into the village centre.

Personally, I would certainly rent a car if I were going there.

California
Level Contributor
9 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Club Residence Pianeta Maratea

I think you may be right about renting a car. Do you (or anyone out there) know if there is a local car rental agency in or around Maratea? The resort has not responded to my inquiry and the major car agencies don't appear to have pick ups in that location. Any advice?

We will be arriving in Maratea by train.

Reigate, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Club Residence Pianeta Maratea

did you get any info on car hire in maratea...we are going in sept 2011 and are also having difficulty in finding rental info....regards gellatmi

Edited: 08 June 2011, 20:32
California
Level Contributor
9 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Club Residence Pianeta Maratea

I have not received any response to my inquiries re: car rental in Maratea. I just sent another (the third) email to both the resort and Euronoleggio. The web site : uk.maratea.info/maratea,info_eng_000036.htm, says pick up in Maratea, but no response to emails re: details, costs, location, etc. I haven't called the italian # as I wanted some information before getting on the phone, speaking only English. Let me know if you have any luck.

Edited: 14 June 2011, 21:11
Get answers to your questions about Maratea