We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Massa Lubrense and Hotel Delfino

scotland
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Massa Lubrense and Hotel Delfino

Hi there, wonder if anyone can tell me how it easy it is to takes cabs to and from Hotel Delfino to Massa Lubrense. Is it expensive and how long is the journey? I understand that the hotel does offer a shuttle bus to and from Sorrento and Massa Lubrense but would rather not be tied to set times..Also are there many nice restaurants etc. in the Massa Lubrense area...? Any advice about the area greatly appreciated. The Hotel itself I see is quite isolated but that's a good thing as long as it not ridiculously cut off.. and really don't want to hire a car. Many, many thanks for any help.

Jacqueline

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
4,476 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Massa Lubrense and Hotel Delfino

Have stayed at the Delfino many times and it is a wonderful location. The free shuttle bus runs right up to an 11.30 pm return at night. Massa is only 5 mins by taxi away, don't know the cost as we always hire a motor bike [Not for the unexperienced] but there is also a Sita bus if you walk to the main road at the top of the hill about 400 yards. There are some good restaurants in Massa and down by the harbour ( Marina de Lobra) and my favorite is a small taverna right by the harbour named after it's owner 'Angelo' where whole afternoon's have disappeared because of the good company . Sorrento is also only 15mins away in the shuttle bus where you can get good Ferry & train connectios to visit the whole Naples & Amalfi area

Edited: 01 March 2013, 17:49
Colorado
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Massa Lubrense and Hotel Delfino

Sorry if this is late and you've already taken your trip to Massa Lubrense but here is some info in case it is still useful. I believe the Hotel Delfino is close to one of the major roads that would have bus service to both Massa Lubrense and Sorrento. Maybe not as convenient as a cab flexibility wise but still very easy to get around. We stayed in a hotel that was situated between Sorrento and Massa Lubrense and we found the hotel shuttle was sufficiently convenient for our needs - went regularly enough that we never felt stranded. Plus there was local bus service if needed it. Sorrento was VERY touristy when we went. Kind of a let down after the previous delightful visit to Sorrento. So one day we caught the bus in the opposite direction and went to Mass Lubrense and found it to be very NON touristy. It was very relaxing. Pretty much only heard Italian spoken (a plus in our view) Menu was only in Italian. Next time we go to that area we will stay in Mass Lubrense and enjoy the local scene and venture into Sorrento if we feel up to it.

3. Re: Massa Lubrense and Hotel Delfino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2014, 13:15
Get answers to your questions about Massa Lubrense