We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car trip to and from Malpensa

Melbourne
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Car trip to and from Malpensa

I am getting mixed messages on this. How long in May would it take in a car to get from Malpensa to Menaggio? Trying to stay somewhere reasonably close to the airport and wondering whether the difference between staying in Ossuccio as opposed to Menaggio is significant. It's just that I have to do the journey several times to pick up people arriving with young children.

Thanks

Como, Italy
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Car trip to and from Malpensa

Ossuccio or Menaggio is the same as for the trip duration: expect 2 hours trip each way.

The closest destinations to Malpensa airport on lake Como if you are travelling by car are Cernobbio, Moltrasio, Carate Urio and the city of Como (1 hour)

Melbourne
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car trip to and from Malpensa

That is quite different from the 40mins referred to on this website.

www.discovermenaggio.com/menaggio-travel

Are you sure?

Como, Italy
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Car trip to and from Malpensa

I live in lake Como region and have been working at lake Como tourist office for 15 years: from Malpensa airport to Menaggio the distance is 92km, 60 on a highway and 30 on a lakeside road. This last road is quite free in wintertime but in the good season you might find some traffic jams. We expect 2 hrs to be cautious, anyway the minimum duration of the trip might be 1hr and 15minutes, not 40 minutes.

We do not know the website discovermenaggio, it seems to belong to a British private travel network.

The official website of Menaggio is www.menaggio.com

Melbourne
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car trip to and from Malpensa

Thanks. I assume Ossuccio is about he same travel time?

Como, Italy
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Car trip to and from Malpensa

Yes, Ossuccio is 10km before Menaggio

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car trip to and from Malpensa

Hi, a better website to get routes is the www.viamichelin.com website which says it takes around 1hr 46minutes from Malpensa to Menaggio which is about right.

7. Re: Car trip to and from Malpensa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2015, 06:21