We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome > Venice SL, but can I stop at Mestre?

Which Mestre hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Rome > Venice SL, but can I stop at Mestre?

Hello all! I booked a train from Rome to Venice SL. I just realized the accommodation that I booked is near Mestre train station, so how do I get from Venice SL to Mestre? Or is it possible for me to stop directly at Mestre instead?

Another question: are there also luggage storage in Mestre station and how much do they cost? Thank you!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,919 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome > Venice SL, but can I stop at Mestre?

All trains going to Venice Santa Lucia also stop at Mestre. Nobody will notice or care if you get off there.

There is no luggage storage at Mestre station.

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome > Venice SL, but can I stop at Mestre?

Hello, thanks so much for your reply! Another quick question, I'll have to take a tram ride to my accommodation, any ideas where to purchase tram tickets? thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,919 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome > Venice SL, but can I stop at Mestre?

I did not even know that there are trams in Mestre, but in Italy such tickets are usually sold at tobacconists.

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome > Venice SL, but can I stop at Mestre?

Apparently it's the 'Favaro' tram? not sure if my host meant bus by that!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,098 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rome > Venice SL, but can I stop at Mestre?

Also, at many newsstands

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,555 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rome > Venice SL, but can I stop at Mestre?

The "tram" is a modern monorail streetcar, which is occasionally substituted (during any of its frequent breakdowns or blockages) by a bus service. It is run by ACTV exactly like any other urban bus, and uses the same tickets and passes, such as the Tourist Travel Cards. The beginning of the tram line is a five minute walk from the train station. It is possible to purchase any ACTV tickets at the Mestre train station newsstands or at the automated ticket machine just outside the entrance of the station.

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Rome > Venice SL, but can I stop at Mestre?

There actually IS a luggage storage at Mestre railway station: www.grandistazioni.it/cms/v/index.jsp…

first five hours €6

each hour until 12th €0,90

each hour after 12th €0,40

8. Re: Rome > Venice SL, but can I stop at Mestre?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 04:15