We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night driving in Montepulciano area

Sydney
Level Contributor
345 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Night driving in Montepulciano area

Hi Catie, Pam and anyone else.

Its me again,

Have got 5 days in the Montepulciano area that means 10 meals ,5 lunches and 5 dinners.Am trying to consolidate all the recommendations but having difficulty.

1) My husband is concerned that it may be difficult to drive back from towns in the area at night .Do you agree?There are restaurants we want to try in Pienza ,Montalcino etc should we leave them for the day

2)We prefer to eat in family run/ owned trattorias and not 'Fine Dining Ristorantes'as they are called here, however would like at least 3-4 of the 10 to be more upmarket ;please help with these.

3)How would you rate Osteria La Porta and also Le Capezzine at Avignonesi?

Thanks always!

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,547 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Night driving in Montepulciano area

Shats,

I don't want to rain on your parade, but since you asked, here is a different point of view.

I think that driving in that area at night is problematical - the signage is not sufficient nor clear - and if you do miss a turn somewhere it will be challenging to get right, and may be impossible to find help.

If you must drive at night then at least spend a good amount of time studying a good local roads map before you leave.

You can do this - but do not expect the local road signs to answer all your questions.

Best of luck - I do admire an adventurer.

Sydney
Level Contributor
345 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Night driving in Montepulciano area

Thanks Catie...you're our kind of gal!!

Hope not to bother you too much but every day think of something else!

Grazie for now till?????

Sydney
Level Contributor
345 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Night driving in Montepulciano area

Thank you too roadguard...you too are sensible with good clear info...we like that...understand exactly what to do now.Thanks for replying

14. Re: Night driving in Montepulciano area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 07:21