We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotelito Lupaia - Anybody know anything?????

Which Montepulciano hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
83 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Hotelito Lupaia - Anybody know anything?????

We are booked at the Hotelito Lupaia in October as part of an anniversary trip. The place looks amazing, has some nice reviews and sounded just perfect.

My concern is that I have not seen any reviews since last July. Has anybody been there recently or do you know anything about the place? I think we may have even prepaid our stay, but not sure off the top of my head. We are visiting a number of places.

Any information would be welcome. If I need to make other arrangements for that leg of our trip, I would rather do it sooner than later.

Thanks for your help! Battgirl

Cetona
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotelito Lupaia - Anybody know anything?????

Hotelito La Lupaia, is a wonderful place. The only little inconvenience could be the road to reach there. Is not really nice. So if you are going to rent a car check for a car good for dirty roads.

Level Contributor
83 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotelito Lupaia - Anybody know anything?????

Thanks for your reply. I do know about the dirt road! Do you know if they are still open? I just don't see any current reviews about them and for a place that looks so gorgeous and comes up in google searches when you are searching Tuscany... it seems strange that no tripadvisor people are staying there and reviewing it.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Bombay, India
Level Contributor
384 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotelito Lupaia - Anybody know anything?????

If it helps, we are also booked there for 6 nights, in October, this year. I am compltetely enchanted with the place and greatly looking forward to our stay. We do have a 15 day prior notice cancellation policy, where nothing will be charged. I found the hotel to be very prompt with it's responses. Hope this helps...

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
387 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotelito Lupaia - Anybody know anything?????

Hi, there are seevral reviews after last July. They are in the Italian page of TA, but maybe you can use the automatic translator:

tripadvisor.it/Hotel_Review-g194833-d1015571…

Ciao

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotelito Lupaia - Anybody know anything?????

Hi

My husband and I have just returned from a 7 night stay in Hotelito Lupaia. It is an absolutely magical place, full of charm, it is olde worlde and has character in abundance. It looks over to Montepulciano and to Montefollonico and is close to Pienza. Breakfast is served on the terrace, they have a dinner on a Saturday evening but other evenings you will need to drive into Montepulciano, Pienza or Montefollonica. It was fairly cool on an evening whilst we were there and needed a jacket to sit out outside. It is so relaxing and peaceful in the Tuscan countryside. If you want to know anything else just ask, I believe the hotel has been closed over the winter months but it is just as beautiful as their website shows. If you want to know anything else just ask.

Level Contributor
83 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotelito Lupaia - Anybody know anything?????

Thank you all for the information!!

I am especially pleased to hear from someone that stayed there recently!!!! The place looks so fabulous, but I was getting concerned. It seems somewhere that wonderful would be oozing with reviews, which is not the case. The ones I have read on multiple sites have always been glowing, but they are truly few and far between.

I assume you rented a car to get there... we are coming into the local train station and renting a car to drive there. I do know about the dirt road to get there. How challenging was it and what type of a car did you have? We planned on using our GPS, but heard that it will not get us there. Any other tips you have would be great. We are so excited about the trip... Anniversary and first time to Italy. Thanks for your help!!!!

NY
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotelito Lupaia - Anybody know anything?????

Hi

This is too funny....We're also booked at Lupaia, but in September, and I keep checking the reviews as well to see if there were any new ones.

Looks like we'll both be pretty happy with the place. We're doing the same thing as you.... renting the car at the train station and driving there. Hope we find it!

have a great vacation and happy anniversary... we're going for my 50th!

What room did you get?

8. Re: Hotelito Lupaia - Anybody know anything?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2010, 05:16