We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montepulciano (1 night) en route to San Gimignano/Wine tour

Toronto, Canada
12 posts
Save Topic
Montepulciano (1 night) en route to San Gimignano/Wine tour

Hey everyone,

My parents are headed to Italy for 18 days total in late May. They have most of their vacation already booked through a travel agent. After spending 3 nights staying In Florence, they are picking up a car rental for 4 nights, to get out of the city, and get a true Tuscan experience.

They have their final 3 nights (of 4) booked at Guardastelle just outside of San Gimignano. They are very excited to be staying there, and are looking forward to making day trips to Siena, Pisa (possibly, I say pass it) (any other suggestions)

Because they could not get an additional night at Guardastelle, I suggested they spend their first night in Montepulciano, as from what I have read, it appears to be home to some great vineyards with some amazing wines to try. Is this a good idea? They would then make the 90 minute drive the next day to Guardastelle.

Any other similar experience available that is different to San Gimignano / great wine tour / closer then Montepulciano?!?!?

That being said, need a little bit of guidance!

1.) Hotel in Montepulciano - Only one night, thinking they should get a hotel right in the city, so they can retire to it, right after they eat dinner in town. Something nice, good location, <$200 CDN / night

2.) Wine Tour in Montepulciano - Any suggestions? Two or three options for them would be great! THANKS!

3.) Dinner in Montepulciano - Best place to go to following a day of touring different vineyards. Could be right in the heart of downtown Montepulciano, or just outside the city.

Following their 3 nights in Guardastelle, they are driving back to Florence to drop the car off, and then take the train south to Sorrento.

Sorry for the long message! Any input is very much appreciated!

1. Re: Montepulciano (1 night) en route to San Gimignano/Wine tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 08:18