We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Chiusi > Montepulciano

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Bus from Chiusi > Montepulciano

Hi everyone!

I read on an older thread from 2009 that there is a bus from Chiusi to Montepulciano. Does this still exist? If so, could someone please help me with this? It will be on a Saturday in July. I am aware these buses do not run on Sundays and I will have to take a taxi (but if someone knows otherwise, please let me know!), but I'm hoping they do on Saturdays!

Thank you! :)

-Katie

Mentioned in this post
Montepulciano
Montepulciano
Province of Siena, Italy
Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,669 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Chiusi > Montepulciano

http://www.lfi.it/orari_linee_si_mob/F_T4.pdf

No buses on Sunday.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Chiusi > Montepulciano

I get one afternoon bus on Sunday, July 15, from Chiusi Scalo to Montepulciano and two buses, afternoon and early evening, on July 15 from Montepulciano to Chiusi Scalo.

You can look yourself at http://www.busfox.com/timetable/.

Mentioned in this post
Montepulciano
Montepulciano
Province of Siena, Italy
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Chiusi > Montepulciano

Ok, when I use busfox it tells me that there are buses to/from the Chiusi-Via Vassia Aurelia. Is this where the Chiusi-Chianciano Terme train station is?

Edited: 10 June 2012, 21:33
Mentioned in this post
Chianciano Terme
Chianciano Terme
Province of Siena, Italy
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Chiusi > Montepulciano

Yes Katie, 2 buses run a day on a Sunday to Chiusi Station costing €2.70 taking about an hour. They go at 14.10 and 19.10. I've just done the same trip on a Sunday, despite the tourist information desk telling me there wasn't one! The bus station is shut on Sunday, so if you don't get your ticket on Saturday then you have to locate the tobacconist shop for your ticket. The bus driver will validate on Sunday. Be warned the bus may just be a mini bus so watch out.

5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Chiusi > Montepulciano

Yes Katie, 2 buses run a day on a Sunday to Chiusi Station costing €2.70 taking about an hour. They go at 14.10 and 19.10. I've just done the same trip on a Sunday, despite the tourist information desk telling me there wasn't one! The bus station is shut on Sunday, so if you don't get your ticket on Saturday then you have to locate the tobacconist shop for your ticket. The bus driver will validate on Sunday. Be warned the bus may just be a mini bus so watch out.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
5 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Chiusi > Montepulciano

I am looking to do the same trip, AND on a Suday no less! Thanks for this thread and info! :)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from Chiusi > Montepulciano

Is there a way to see this schedule online? WHere do I buy the ticketson Saturday?! This is great news!!

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,831 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus from Chiusi > Montepulciano

Get off the train at the Chiusi-Chianciano Trenitala station. Purchase the bus ticket from the newsstand inside the station. Walk out the front doors and turn LEFT 200 meters to the parked blue buses. Board the next bus to Montepulciano. There are two stations where you can get off: the first is close to the high part of town (Duomo), the next stop is the bus depot (near the lower part of town). There are a series of elevators across the road (under the modern arch) which take you to the public gardens, where you walk 50 meters to reach the main southern gate of town. Depending on the location of your hotel, you can get off at either of these stops in Montepulciano.

To see schedules, click on the hyperlink in the first responsive posting above.

NOTE that at the moment, there are NO BUSES ON SUNDAYS.

Edited: 30 June 2012, 03:50
Mentioned in this post
Montepulciano
Montepulciano
Province of Siena, Italy
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus from Chiusi > Montepulciano

There are buses both ways despite people saying otherwise. As I said I have just done the journey. The Sunday addition to the timetable started on 2nd June. I Initially read your journey the wrong way, buses go from Chiusi station to Montepulciano bus station at 10.30 and 16.30 (14.10 and 19.10 the other way).

http://www.sienamobilita.it/orari.html. click service extraurbano to download the Pdf timetable.

Check pages 136 and 137.

Despite what GAC said, there ARE BUSES ON SUNDAYS.

Edited: 30 June 2012, 09:15
Mentioned in this post
Montepulciano
Montepulciano
Province of Siena, Italy
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus from Chiusi > Montepulciano

There are buses both ways despite people saying otherwise. As I said I have just done the journey. The Sunday addition to the timetable started on 2nd June. I Initially read your journey the wrong way, buses go from Chiusi station to Montepulciano bus station at 10.30 and 16.30 (14.10 and 19.10 the other way).

http://www.sienamobilita.it/orari.html click service extraurbano to download the Pdf timetable.

Check pages 136 and 137.

Despite what GAC said, there ARE BUSES ON SUNDAYS.

Edited: 30 June 2012, 09:17
Mentioned in this post
Montepulciano
Montepulciano
Province of Siena, Italy