We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome to Tuscany

Which Montepulciano hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
35 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Rome to Tuscany

My husband and I are arriving in Rome in May.

We have already visited Rome before, so we want to head straight to Tuscany.

We do not plan on renting a car, and were wondering where is the best place to stay in Tuscany that would provide both countryside with wine tastings as well as a nice small town accessible by train.

After a brief stay in Tuscany we want to head to Cinque Terre.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!

Bergamo, Italy
Level Contributor
50 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome to Tuscany

hi!

i suggest you in tuscany

Siena, monteriggioni, montepulciano, lucca.

wine is good everywhere there!:)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
11,689 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome to Tuscany

You really need a car to explore Tuscany. Public transportation in Tuscany is geared to getting Italian citizens to and from school and work. It is not set up for touristic travel. Because many of the towns and villages in Tuscany are hill towns...you will find situations like in Siena, which is served by train service, but the train service is at the bottom of the hill, but you then need to get a taxi or bus up to the town.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
35 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome to Tuscany

Thank you! I think we are quickly realizing that we will look into renting a car and dropping it off before we get to Venice.

Do you know anything about the towns of Cinque Terre and driving?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
11,689 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome to Tuscany

Driving is not recommended in the Cinque Terre. You need to park outside of the towns Train is the way to go....

5. Re: Rome to Tuscany

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2014, 05:16