We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WInery and Tour options...please help with itinerary

Northern New Jersey
Level Contributor
165 posts
227 reviews
Save Topic
WInery and Tour options...please help with itinerary

OK TA experts...

After much research and reading many reviews we have narrowed our winery / vineyard search down to the below few. If you could as so comment on the below selections it would be greatly appreciated. We will be staying in Montepulciano for 5 nights but plan to take a trip to Siena for one day and spend 1-2 days heading out to Montalcino. Also...which ones are worthy of a tour and which ones just for tasting. Thanks for all of the help!

Avignonesi

Cantina Fattoria della Talosa

Az. Agr. Poliziano

Tenuta Valdipiatta

Gattavecchi

Cantina de' Ricci

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
6,310 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WInery and Tour options...please help with itinerary

Avignonesi tour is still, I reckon, the best. For tasting, who can say because my taste in Vino Nobile may be very different to yours but personally I wouldn't drive out to an estate just to taste. As at Montalcino, to sample a wide variety of wines head to an enoteca in the town. The only one I ever take visitors to nowadays is the one just off Piazza Grande operated by the local Consorzio. You will be spoilt for choice (as they represent so many different producers), not pressured to buy and the very helpful staff certainly know their wines. (I only hope they speak English - guess they must do.)

2. Re: WInery and Tour options...please help with itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 06:17