We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which train station is closest to ortisei?

Sicily, Italy
Level Contributor
322 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
which train station is closest to ortisei?

We will be flying into Milan Linate and getting a train, i`ve found different solutions for getting to Ortisei but i`m wondering which is the best? Milan-Bolzano, Milan- Chiusa or Milan-Ponte Gardena?

On the bus website (SAD) i looked up each one and seems that Chiusa is the closest, apparantly only 20 minutes bus journey, then Ponte Gardena and then Bolzano. Is this right? Any suggestions?

Thank you

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
4,155 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which train station is closest to ortisei?

Hi,

I've never used public transportation, but Chiusa/Klausen and Ponte Gardena/Waidbruck are closest to Ortisei. 20 minutes sounds about right for either.

Bolzano/Bozen is about 45 minutes away from Ortisei.

Paul

Selva di Val...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
784 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which train station is closest to ortisei?

Hi, you're probably best off getting to Ponte Gardena, as there are more busses to the Val Gardena from there.

I think I mentioned in a previous post that the buses only run till about 7pm, so do check you time of arrival!

DD

Sicily, Italy
Level Contributor
322 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which train station is closest to ortisei?

Thanks,

we`ll go for Ponte Gardena then. i just checked times now and we have choice of 2 trains the first one arrives at 15.47 (if our flight has no delays) or the 2nd one at 17.47 at Ponte Gardena, so we should be ok hopefully, if not we might have to get a taxi

4. Re: which train station is closest to ortisei?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2011, 05:18