We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coach from Malpensa to Ortisei

Sicily, Italy
Level Contributor
329 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
coach from Malpensa to Ortisei

Is there a coach that leaves milan malpensa on a saturday that goes to Ortisei or even Bolzano? We are flying into Linate airport, and getting a train up to Ponte Gardena, but was just wondering if there is also a bus that leaves from Malpensa, if not too complicated we could get the airport connection from Linate to Malpensa anc then travel from there, would this be a good idea? Our flight arrives at 11 am on a saturday into Linate and i hope we will make an early train, because i was told before that we would have to arrive in Ponte Gardena before 18.30 or 19.00 (if i remember correctly) otherwise we will have to spend the night there, can anyone advise me?

thank you

Selva di Val...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
795 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: coach from Malpensa to Ortisei

There is a bus from Bergamo on this site http://www.flytovalgardena.com/index_en.htm which the Val Gardena website is giving as the nearest transfer option from Malpensa. I'm not sure how you're get from Linate to Bergamo though...

DD

Sicily, Italy
Level Contributor
329 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: coach from Malpensa to Ortisei

Thanks Dolimite Daisy, i`ll look at the website you gave me and see if i find any solutions on getting there if its convenient.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
11,426 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: coach from Malpensa to Ortisei

The bus from Ponte Gardena Waidbruck is the 350. The last bus (workdays) is 20:25

Non- Workdays 19:57

Use www.sad.it - doesn't work in english but straight forward - search box on theright hand side

Localita

da : Ponte gardena

a: Ortisei

Data - is day/month

il: day month

Just select "Ricerca"

You will then get prompted at the bottom of the page

Selezione STAZIONE DI PARTENZA

select 2004 Waidbruck Bhf

You will then see the connections - if you select the magnifying glass you will get that specific link and a pdf for the 350 service is selectable

Alternatively and in English

http://www.sii.bz.it/en/siitimetablesquery

If you select timetables as pdf

http://www.sii.bz.it/en/siipdftimetables

then on the right hand side select yur region - tick box for Salto-Sciliar and press search you will get a list of all bus services in pdf (including 350)

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,472 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: coach from Malpensa to Ortisei

The following trip sounds perfectly doable:

- Linate to Milan's central station by bus or taxi;

- Milan to Ponte Gardena by train (dep. 13.25, change at Verona; arriving at 17.47)

- bus from P.G. at 18.25, arriving Ortisei 18.55.

Sicily, Italy
Level Contributor
329 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: coach from Malpensa to Ortisei

Thank you veryone for your help, i have it finally all worked out! was just a bit worried i wouldn`t make the last bus, but should do unless there major delays. Thanks!

St. Petersburg...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: coach from Malpensa to Ortisei

Thanks. Very helpful information.

Do I need to buy train tickets beforehand on-line or exactly on trainstation in Milan (Verona) and Ponte Gardena?

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,472 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: coach from Malpensa to Ortisei

Buy your train ticket at Malpensa airport to travel from the airport to Ponte Gardena by train all the way (several changes -- check www.trenitalia.com)

St. Petersburg...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: coach from Malpensa to Ortisei

Thank you

9. Re: coach from Malpensa to Ortisei

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 16:18