We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling from Ortisei to Munich by train urgent!

Sicily, Italy
Level Contributor
322 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
travelling from Ortisei to Munich by train urgent!

hi,

we are travelling to Ortisei in the next few days, on the way over we are flying toLinate, but on return we have flights booked from Munich. I went on Trenitalia website but the only solution for this journey from Bolzano or Bressanone is at around 21:00 and the it lasts 9 hours!!!!! So i went onto the german railways website instead which shows plenty more options ect, but my worry now is how i will purchase the train tickets if i`m using german railways, can i purchase these at Bolzano station or do they have to be bought in Germany itself? we are flying back in 2 weeks time.

Thanks

Selva di Val...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
784 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling from Ortisei to Munich by train urgent!

Hi,

Basically DeutschBahn and TrenItalia aren't speaking to each other on this section of the railway, so although there are regular direct trains to Munich, they don't show up on the TrenItalia website.

You can purchase tickets in advance on the DB website (these are often quite a bit cheaper) or you can buy them from the guard on the train. They don't sell DB tickets at the station.

DD

Sicily, Italy
Level Contributor
322 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling from Ortisei to Munich by train urgent!

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply, if i purchase them on their website are they printable tickets that i receive instantly via e-mail or do they post them out to me? Because if they post them i won`t have time to receive them , because we are going tomorrow! Well i suppose if its ok then i can purchase them on the train. Thanks!

Sicily, Italy
Level Contributor
322 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling from Ortisei to Munich by train urgent!

I just checked now on the german website, it says i can print my tickets online, i`m just not sure if i have to select Bahn card 25 or no reduction. We are 2 adults (ages 33 and 28) and one child (8yrs).

4. Re: travelling from Ortisei to Munich by train urgent!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2012, 09:19