We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it snowing yet?

London
Level Contributor
20 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Is it snowing yet?

I know I may be jumping the gun here but skiing in the resort in mid Jan, however it looks as though there is minimal snow there, not enough to ski, has anyone been there recently / or living there..... does it look bad?

Selva di Val...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
763 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it snowing yet?

There's plenty to ski on here!

There hasn't been a lot of natural snow (about 50cm or so) but they do wonders with the snow cannons. The Sella Ronda is open, and although there are some patchy bits, we're doing a lot better than in some parts of Europe.

And between there and mid-Jan there's plenty of time for more natural snow to fall!

DD

London
Level Contributor
20 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it snowing yet?

DD - thanks for that, you wouldn't know if there is a web site where i can find out where the local bus stops in Ortisei town, I coming via train from Innsbruck (bus from Waidbruck) but cant see where the bus stops?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,433 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it snowing yet?

Family members live on the Sella Ronda...

It has snowed in Ortisei for the last three days – 20+ cm has fallen on the village itself, and there’s 30-35 cm up in the mountains. The whole valley is up and running – The entire Sella Ronda is open.

Vagabonda

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,433 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it snowing yet?

The bus stops in the main town at piazza Sant'Antonio.

Vagabonda

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,433 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it snowing yet?

Live webcam...

val-gardena.com/en/ortisei--live/page268.html

Vagabonda

London
Level Contributor
20 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it snowing yet?

question for anyone - i will be catching the train from innsbruck all the way to waidbruck. Can i purchase the ticket for the whole journey at innsbruck or have to buy the second part of the ticket at brenner? r just purchase it on the train? thx and merry christmas to you all

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,433 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it snowing yet?

The Austrian rail site is very helpful....

http://www.oebb.at/en/

Buon Natale!

Vagabonda

Edited: 23 December 2011, 11:53
8. Re: Is it snowing yet?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2012, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Ortisei