We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do on a Sunday

Which Ortisei hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
What to do on a Sunday

Hi all

We are in Ortisei in September for 4 nights. Not mad keen hikers, but I will do the Alpe di Siusi and the meadows for a bit of a walk. What if we go further up, is it more strenuous? Can someone explain the huts...do they supply food there? Should we wear warm clothes up there in mid September? Looks so picturesque...don't want to scale mountains, but would like to get up to the top to see the views.

Also what can we do on a Sunday? Was planning to take the bus around the passes, but can't follow the timetable. Which is the Val Gardena Pass? Do the buses run in Sept on a Sunday or should I pick a week day? What about Selva is there musch going on there on a Sunday...are shops open of cafes etc?

Only have Sunday left to consider. We are going into Bolzano on Saturday for the day out, Have Friday down for the Alpe di Siusi restaurant for lunch and then the shops in Ortisei. Is the restaurant worth it up there and is it expensive? Thursday we arrive and settle in.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Niec

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
8,280 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do on a Sunday

If you are not keen hikers, you are not going to want to do anything more than Alpe di Siusi. Although easy, even there you descend after getting off the lift. Forget about mountain huts! Ortisei has more to do than Val Gardena. I have only driven the Pass.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do on a Sunday

Thanks Glaciermeadow

I thought most things would be closed down on a Sunday other than maybe the lifts. I do like to get out and about and I see also there is a walk from Ortisei to the next village which looks interesting. Also where we are staying we can have free bikes to ride so that may be the answer. I like to paint and also keen on photography and I guess there is plenty for me to do, but also have my co traveller to consider.

Niec

3. Re: What to do on a Sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 09:42
Get answers to your questions about Ortisei