We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I need a car to visit Orvieto?

Which Orvieto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Topic
Do I need a car to visit Orvieto?

Going to Orvieto for one night, but hotel is Locanda Rosati (8km away from Orvieto). Not sure if it is a good idea to rent a car to see the area, or just take taxis everywhere. May fall in love with the area and stay another night.

orvieto
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Do I need a car to visit Orvieto?

Locanda Rosati is one of the most amazing places in Orvieto but having a car would be more easy to travel and visit the area.....maybe one more night sounds better!

Naples
Level Contributor
293 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do I need a car to visit Orvieto?

With enough advance notice, Mr. Rosati can be pursuaded to pick you up at the train station. Not only did he pick us up, but later in the day he drove us back into the town so we could spend a few hours sightseeing while he did errands. We did, however, have to take a taxi the next morning in order to catch a very early train. Believe cab fare was about 20 euro ... but cheap compared to renting a car.

You won't regret staying at Locando Orvieto ... but be sure to have dinner there. It's not necessarily "fine dining" but well worth the extra money. Mr. Rosati is a terrific host and the laughs, wine, and grappa never stop at the communal table.

Melbourne
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Do I need a car to visit Orvieto?

car??? dont need one!! the train station goes straight to the cable car (funiculare) that cost .90euro and goes up to Orvieto! straight to the heart! then you can walk the entire width of the town of Orvieto in 30minutes! So nice this place, been there soooo many times. Cars are lazy!

4. Re: Do I need a car to visit Orvieto?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 12:18