We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Todi from Orvieto?

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Bus to Todi from Orvieto?

We are planning to be in Orvieto for 3 nights in May, arriving from Rome by train. We do not wish to rent a car to see surrounding towns. I have found that we can take a bus to Civita di Bagnoregio from Orvieto so that is one plan. I also read (somwhere in my research) that there is a public bus from Orvieto to Todi (and the drive is quite scenic as well I understand) but I cannot find a web site to give me any information in English. Does anyone know if we can get a bus to Todi from Orvieto and how to find out the bus schedule? Or is it possible to hire a driver or taxi to take us there? Are there any other small towns around Orvieto that we can get to easily without a car? Sure hope someone can help with this. Thanks.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,339 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus to Todi from Orvieto?

There seems to be only one bus per day, leaving Orvieto at 14.05 -- www.atcterni.it

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus to Todi from Orvieto?

Thanks. Any idea what time the bus goes back to Orvieto from Todi since we will be staying in Orvieto?

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,339 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus to Todi from Orvieto?

According to the website I mentioned, I think very earli in the morning.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,549 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus to Todi from Orvieto?

Orvieto has great train connections to many local towns. Have a look at your map or use viamichelin.com and pick some towns which interest you, then go to the www.trenitalia.com website and enter those towns as destinations. You'll find that most places will beless than 1 hour from Orvieto via train. I think that Todi was over 2 hours because of changes.

Other nice chocies would be Arezzo(filming of Life is Beautiful), Cortona, Assisi, Siena,etc

Good Luck!!!

5. Re: Bus to Todi from Orvieto?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 23:17