We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

monterubiaglio

Italy
Level Contributor
151 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
monterubiaglio

We are going next June to the Umbrian countryside for a week of cooking classes held by Velia an Italian girl very famous in our region.

Has anyone heard of this village or of Velia

New york
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: monterubiaglio

I haven't heard of the village you mention, but I have heard of Velia whilst I was in Positano recently through friends who are in the hospitality field. I remember them mentioning that Velia is currently conducting very successful cooking classes and has been for a number of years. Perhaps she is relocating to Monterubiaglio.

J30
Europe
Level Contributor
707 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: monterubiaglio

Hi Jody,

I stayed in Monterubiaglio few months ago and I attended a cooking class held by Velia.

The day I spent cooking with her was just not a day of cooking but an experience of a lifetime...I will never forget! We loved the relaxed atmosphere and the warmth of Velia, she speaks a very good english.

The lunch was one of the best meals we have ever had, fresh ingredients taken from the popular tradition of Umbria and I were lucky also to enjoy a wine tasting with her.

It was an additional pleasure to share good times in such a beautiful places, small but very warm village!

L.A, CA
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: monterubiaglio

Yes!!!!!!!!!!! I did! I have heard wonderful things about this lady...she is incredible in teaching how to prepare delicious Italian food. If anyone needs to contact her can do it by sending her an e-mail at info@veliascookingstyle.com

australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: monterubiaglio

We had a cooking lesson with wine tasting on the 8th of Sept.....

something to remember as my birthday surprise.

We spent a special evening having lot of fun.

Thank you Velia

Geoff and Liz

australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: monterubiaglio

We had a cooking lesson with wine tasting on the 8th of Sept.....

something to remember as my birthday surprise.

We spent a special evening having lot of fun.

Thank you Velia

Geoff and Liz

Huntington Beach, CA
Level Contributor
54 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: monterubiaglio

To All..

We will be spending a month in Umbria in November and are definitely interested in attending one of Velia's classes. I would appreciate any additional information you can provide. I will use the email address provided in one of the postings but any other information would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Italy
Level Contributor
151 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: monterubiaglio

Velia is based in Positano along the Amalfi Coast but she will go back to Monterubiaglio/ Orvieto during november.

I have her info.....but I don't know if I can use this website to give you all information!

Anyway the cooking class with her is a great experience...just try!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: monterubiaglio

I stayed in Positano for about two weeks, and got to meet Velia at Villa Rosa. She is a wonderful person to know, so helpful, friendly, and genuinely warm. I plan to go back to Positano again -- the people there are so nice, and Velia is a fine example of the kind of people you meet there. I hope to attend her soon-to-be world famous cooking school someday. She seems to have many talents! And her English is great.

Franklin, Tennessee
Level Contributor
18 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: monterubiaglio

Where are these classes to be held. I cannot find anything on Velia in reference to Umbria. We are thinkingof going to Umbria in May. Thanks

Huntington Beach, CA
Level Contributor
54 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: monterubiaglio

Luvitalia,

Send an email to this address: e-mail at info@veliascookingstyle.com. She will send you all the information you need for cooking classes.