We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orvieto Bus / Train Connections?

Which Orvieto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
241 posts
238 reviews
Save Topic
Orvieto Bus / Train Connections?

I'll be in Orvieto for 6 days in December and looking for easy day-trips to small towns in the general vicinity, preferably without renting a car, but am finding it difficult to discover the train and bus connections... for instance, I found the bus to Civita, but can't find if there's one to Montalcino? Todi? The train to Spoleto seems to take 2 hrs with one connection, but I can't find if there's a bus? To Bolsena? I keep googling "Day trips from Orvieto" but all that comes up are day trips from Rome TO Orvieto! Anyone know if there's a site that lists the bus / train routes?

Appreciate it!

UK
Level Contributor
2,855 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orvieto Bus / Train Connections?

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187768-i20-k415…

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
4,083 posts
782 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orvieto Bus / Train Connections?

In addition to the information contained in the thread Joannaspencer redirect to you, I can add what follows.

For buses inside Umbria region, and also to Bolsena, you can open

umbriamobilita.it/it/…servizio-extraurbano

and search for connections that involve Orvieto.

For some other destinations in Latium, open

www.cotralspa.it/PDF_Orari_Comune/Orvieto.pdf

For destinations in Siena Province - apart from the places you can reach by train -

you should consult the "Siena Mobility" (ie, Province buses) timetables:

http://www.sienamobilita.it/orari.html

and more specifically

www.trainspa.it/train04/extraurbano.pdf

For example, for the connection Siena-Montalcino, or Buonconvento (nearest railway station)-Montalcino, and vice versa, go to sheet 114.

Similarly, for destinations in Arezzo Province - apart from the places you can reach by train - into the website "LFI-La Ferroviaria Italiana" (ie, Province buses and trains) search for your line's number at

http://www.lfi.it/bacino_utenza/GrafoEnd.gif

then search for the line you need at:

www.lfi.it/servizi_linee_lfi_et-mob.asp

or at:

www.lfi.it/servizi_linee_lfi_si-mob.asp

For instance, the bus timetable Camucia station - Cortona town is available at:

www.lfi.it/orari_linee_etr_mob/LFSU4.pdf

Unfortunately, all of these timetables are only in Italian. But perhaps, translating a few words with Google, they are understandable.

Anyway, "feriale" means "weekdays and saturdays", "festivo" means "public holidays", "scolastico" means "school days".

I hope this helps

Brun066

Edited: 18 November 2013, 23:10
Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
241 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orvieto Bus / Train Connections?

Thank you both SO MUCH! I had actually seen that thread but it didn't address all of what I was really trying to find out. I speak moderate Italian, so the links own't be a problem - thanks again!!!

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
4,083 posts
782 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orvieto Bus / Train Connections?

You are welcome!

5. Re: Orvieto Bus / Train Connections?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2014, 06:19