We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pompei to Paestum

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Pompei to Paestum

Hi all,

I have been researching and learned that there is a train that goes from Pompei to Paestum, but its a different station from the circumvesuviana line. What is the name of this station and can any one provide with an address so I can google-map it?

Thanks all!

Level Contributor
905 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pompei to Paestum

Italy paestum train

This finds the station and it's address, Street View of it, and the walk to the ruins' entrance

UK
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pompei to Paestum

It is on Viale Giuseppe Mazzini, Pompei.

Note - Pompei with one "i" unlike the site.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pompei to Paestum

Thanks both! This is great. Would the ruins site be difficult at Paestum after getting off the train?

Level Contributor
905 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pompei to Paestum

I've never been to that station. You can walk the entire route on Street View and see whether you'd like to do it.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,695 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pompei to Paestum

The trenitalia train station in Pompei is the blue tram on it's side on this map

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms…

The Amphitheater entrance to Pompeii is the red circle thing on the google amp

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pompei to Paestum

From the Trenitalia train station at Paestum, it's a 700 meter walk along a lovely country lane to reach the main pedestrianzed street in front of the temples, then another 300 meters to reach the Archeological Museum.

The station at Paestum is not staffed, so it's best to buy a round-trip ticket.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pompei to Paestum

The Trenitalia station is the one marked in red as just "Pompei" - on the red line running horizontally across this map of the town....

www.unicocampania.it/files/mappe/pompei.pdf

Print that and take it with you perhaps?

Peter

8. Re: Pompei to Paestum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 22:15