We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to portovenere

Which Porto Venere hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Woodbridge, Ontario
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get to portovenere

Does anyone have any suggestions in getting to Portovenere from Pisa airport.? There are 4 of us with luggage. How far and how long is distance ? Any ideas on cost? Your responses would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,931 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get to portovenere

Train www.trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html from Pisa airport to La Spezia then ATC line bus or ferry www.navigazionegolfodeipoeti.it

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,459 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get to portovenere

Certainly train from ""Pisa Airport" station to "la Spezia Centrale" station is the way to go - the price is €5.20 each for any connections for which the fare is NA on the trenitalia website.

However, unless you are desperate to save money, a taxi from la Spezia to Portovenere would save some hassle, as neither the boat nor bus depart from the train station. Alternatively, a description of the walk to the bus appears here tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187825-i784-k3857… or you could get a taxi to the boat dock.

FL
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get to portovenere

Thank you for mentioning the NA on the trenitalia site! I thought that meant that train was not available, but I guess that is incorrect?? What does NA mean??

THANK YOU!

La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
for La Spezia, Porto Venere, Lerici
Level Contributor
3,311 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get to portovenere

It means because its a regional train "the fare" is not available as you can not book it online.

There is a taxi rank outside the station in La Spezia for which I would budget about Euro 30 for the journey. The boat is about 15 mins walk from the station and it would be all about timing and with a fare of euro 6 each it wouldnt be much of a saving. The bus is about 10 mins walk from the station you need to buy a ticket from the newstands or tobacconists I think the fare is euro 1.45 so if time is not an issue it certainly is the cheapest option.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,459 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get to portovenere

You can (if your credit card works - most US ones don't) buy Regional tickets online, but only within seven days of the date of travel. So if you see NA on trenitalia and want to know the fare, just use a current date and you will see the fare, which won't be different on later dates.

Edited: 15 September 2010, 20:05
6. Re: Best way to get to portovenere

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2011, 07:16