We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Positano to Naples airport - Need a little more info.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
675 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Positano to Naples airport - Need a little more info.

Our flight does not leave Naples until 10:30pm. We would rather spend the day in Positano than Naples.

I am looking at the bus schedule to Naples from Positano and it looks like the bus doesn't get into Naples until 8pm and I think this is too close to our flight time.

Is there any other way we might get from Positano to Naples airport without paying a fortune on a private driver?

I see that we can take the ferry and get to Naples in time to catch the bus to the airport, but we would like a second option in case the water is bad and the ferry is not running.

Thank you!

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Positano to Naples airport - Need a little more info.

Can someone also give me a heads up on this (I appreciate there is probably a lot of previous discussion on this topic but if you could point me to the right pages, would be much appreciated). I am considering getting a flight from London to Naples, arriving at 8:15pm (Easyjet), and I hope to then go straight on to Positano. I am travelling by myself so a private driver will be an expensive option... Are there any cheaper options open to me?

Salerno, Italia
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Positano to Naples airport - Need a little more info.

Dear blueyedgirl12,

There's a Capodichino-bound SITA bus (arrives at 8pm) which leaves from the Salerno FS Train Station at 7:02pm or the SITA stop near Bar Cioffi on Corso Garibaldi near the orange and black SNAIDERO sign at 7:03pm and the bus costs €7 a person(you pay the driver when you board). Extra luggage (over the 1 luggage per passenger) costs €5.

sitabus.it/sitabus/…Salerno-Capodichino.pdf

There's a 5pm ferry from Positano to Salerno Porto Turistico (arrives around 6:10pm):

coopsantandrea.com/it/…

Although it wouldn't be the simplest, you could consider about taking a couple of SITA buses, one from Positano to Amalfi and one from Amalfi to Salerno. There's one Mon-Sat SITA bus from Amalfi to Salerno which leaves at 5pm and reaches Piazza della Concordia at around 6:15pm:

sitabus.it/sitabus/…Quadro-XV-2.pdf

Buona Fortuna...

Salerno, Italia
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Positano to Naples airport - Need a little more info.

Dear lani08,

Are you flying into Napoli Capodichino Airport before or after Jun 2007 Mon-Sat?

Depending on how and when you travel (don't mind carrying your luggage up and down stairs, don't mind walking in the bad weather conditions in case it rains, don't mind walking around Napoli at night, etc), you could think about taking the Alibus to Piazza Garibaldi and then a Sorrento-bound Circumvesuviana Train to Sorrento and then maybe a private driver or taxi to Positano. For the Alibus, it costs €3 payable to the driver and you'd get off at the first stop:

http://www.unicocampania.it/ita/alibus.htm

Then walk up the pedestrian walkway lined with 3ft tall metal pylons/poles up to Napoli Centrale (you'll see the McDonald's on the left within the complex). A ticket to Sorrento would cost €3.20 (UnicoCampania U5 Fascia 5) and you can buy your ticket from the tobacconist near McDonald's on the outside of Napoli Centrale or within Napoli Centale at platforms #14 or #28 or from the newsstand within the Napoli Piazza Garibaldi Circumvesuviana Temporary Train Station to the right (McDonald's to the left and trains facing you). Then check the platform for Sorrento-bound trains, stamp your ticket in the turnstile, and head down a flight (or two) of stairs to the proper platform. The Circumvesuviana Train will take a little over an hour to reach Sorrento.

The problem is that the last SITA bus from Sorrento to Positano leaves at 8:05pm Mon-Sat until May 31. The Summer SITA schedule might offer a later SITA bus. Otherwise, you could think about using a private driver from Sorrento to Positano which hopefully should less than €40 or so:

(current schedule)

sitabus.it/sitabus/…Quadro-XV-2.pdf

Buona Fortuna...

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
675 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Positano to Naples airport - Need a little more info.

kkushiba -

If we go into Salerno how do we then get to the Naples airport?

The bus from Salerno that arrives at 8pm, where does that take me to? We want to be at the airport in Naples about 8pm.

Thank you!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
675 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Positano to Naples airport - Need a little more info.

kkushiba -

Sorry I think I just realized that Capodichino is the Naples airport. Oops! So it looks like I can take this bus from Salerno to the airport and arrive right at the time we want. We'll just check the bus schedule I guess then for times to get from Positano to Salerno, right?

Thanks, sorry if I'm a bit slow here! (:

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Positano to Naples airport - Need a little more info.

Hello again,

I'm scheduled to arrive at 8:15pm on a Friday night in early May. I gather that means I need to hire a private driver? Are there any companies you would recommend and will they all charge around 40 euro?

Many thanks for your help

Salerno, Italia
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Positano to Naples airport - Need a little more info.

Dear blueyedgirl12,

I'd catch the Capodichino Airport bus from Salerno FS Train Station because I'm just guessing that the SITA bus (I once saw that it's a huge grey Buon Tourist Bus, however, who knows what they're using these days) stops at the SITA bus stop to the right of Bar Cioffi, however, there are two SITA bus stops (ocean at your back) near the bar (around 60 ft away). In general, I believe that the bus has written at the top or near the bottom of its winshield, "Napoli Capodichino Aeroporto."

You can take a ferry from Positano to Salerno Piazza della Concordia and then walk up to Salerno FS Train Station to wait for the bus. Otherwise, you can take a bus from Positano to Amalfi and then one from Amalfi to Salerno Piazza della Concordia.

Buona Fortuna...

Salerno, Italia
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Positano to Naples airport - Need a little more info.

Dear lani08,

I'm guessing that a private driver would charge around €40 for the ride from Sorrento to Positano, however, the guess was based on someone who said that they paid that amount for a taxi between those two towns.

Some have quoted a €130 ride from Napoli Capodichino Airport to Positano. If you might be interested in saving some money, you could think about using public transportation to Sorrento and then using a private driver:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g194867-i2574-k943…

Buona Fortuna...

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
675 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Positano to Naples airport - Need a little more info.

Thank you for all your help kkushiba!!

Amalfi
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Positano to Naples airport - Need a little more info.

The Aiport bus service is run in colloboration with WWW.buontourist.it and as KK1 says it is best to catch it by the Station not least because you can always take the train into Napoli if it does not turn up.