We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

positano>>>>capri

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
298 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
positano>>>>capri

can anybody refer me to a ferry timetable from positano to capri in english? have looked at a few but all were in italian ! am planning a day trip out to capri and want to get the earliest possible ferry from positano to try and get a jump start on the crowds in capri

thanks

New Jersey
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: positano>>>>capri

Don't know about the ferry timetable, but I have read on some websites that one day is not enough time to spend in Capri...some references to having to be too "tied" to the ferry schedule, and not having enough time to see the Island (which is supposed to be beautiful!) Suggest that you research it a little more.

Is there a ferry from Positano? Do you know anything about travel links from Positano to Pompii? My husband and I are travelling in June,and websites seem to indicate that we should make Sorrento our home base for a side-trip to Capri and for Pompii...but we've head that Positano is so much prettier...so would love to stay there instead of Sorrento. Any input would be helpful.

Mille Gratzi (practicing!!!)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
298 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: positano>>>>capri

hey there

i have been to capri before and although most people say one day is not enough if thats all the time you have its better than nothing .Some people also say dont see the blue grotto its a waist of time while it is time consuming getting into the grotto personally i think its worth doing once .We are staying in sorrento for 3 days prior to positano .while in sorrento we are planning on doing day trips to ischia (an island with hot natural springs supposed to be great) and pompeii .you can get a train from sorrento to pompeii .We have 4 nights in positano for roughly the same price as accom in sorrento .i know that you can most definantly get a ferry to capri from positano and i have read you can do day trips to pompeii from positano .i think you would just get a bus back to sorrento and get a train out to pompeii .i am sure i have also read you can get there by getting a ferry to salern o and gettin g a train from there .would get to see some more of the coast line going that way .i can see no reason why you couldnt do everythting you want iout of positano .Anyway there is heaps of local experts who have helped me before on amalfi coast/positano just give them a while to post there replies .

USA
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: positano>>>>capri

http://www.metrodelmare.com/

just click on english and you should be set.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
298 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: positano>>>>capri

thanks piccola

il give that a go

Amalfi
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: positano>>>>capri

Timetables also available at WWW.caprionline.com

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
298 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: positano>>>>capri

thanks for all the info

7. Re: positano>>>>capri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 05:26