We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Flavio Gioia

Chicago, IL
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Villa Flavio Gioia

My husband and I are planning a trip to Positano in October and are considering staying at Villa Flavio Gioia. It looks nice and in our price range, but I can't find any reviews anywhere for this place. Any input from tripadvisor users?

J30
Europe
Level Contributor
707 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Flavio Gioia

I have not stayed at that hotel, but we did spend a time in Positano and LOVED it. We stayed at Villa La Tartana which is a B&B, located in the pedestrian area of Positano. Our room with its magnificent view was delightful! The staff was friendly and helpful. We wouldn't stay anywhere else in Positano!

Chicago, IL
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Flavio Gioia

J30 - Thanks for your reply. We liked the Villa Flavio Gioia because it is an apartment with kitchen facilities. As we will be there for 5 nights, we want the option of not eating every meal out. The Villa La Tartana does look great and we've seen only positive reviews, so we'll keep that in mind in case this falls through. Thanks again!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Flavio Gioia

Hi,

Just curious as to whether you stayed at Villa Flavio. We're planning to spend a week there at the end of April. Would love to know what you thought of it and any other vacation tips. We are so excited about this. Do the water shuttles come close to this Villa? Restaurant, bar tips are greatly appreciated.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Flavio Gioia

Villa Flavio Gioia - Has anyone stayed at this place? Is this a nice clean place and it it suitable in location. Understand it is close to all the action, but is this reallt Positano, or do you need to be up the hill a little to marval at the views in September?

New York
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Flavio Gioia

I haven't stayed there but have friends that did and I've been inside. It seems great (pristinely clean) and the location is excellent, right next to the main church, very close to the beach, in the center of everything. It has a lovely outside art gallery in the courtyard.

Los angeles...
Level Contributor
162 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Flavio Gioia

Great to hear your friends liked it.

Any first-hand knowledge on comfort of beds, etc. we are thinking of renting the 2 bedroom apt.

thanks!

UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa Flavio Gioia

Hi IrishMama,

We are going to Villa Flavio Gioia in Positano in 6 weeks time, 15 Sept 2007. I booked the 2 bedroomed apartment on the strength of the fact that it is also a timeshare property on the RCI exchange listing. Unfortunately the apartment was not available as an exchange. However, my sister-in-law visited Positano on a day trip last year and was enthusiastic about its situation almost on the beach, next to the church. No lie-in on Sunday morning then!

I have never been disapppointed with RCI exchanges, so we are pinning our hopes of an acceptable place to stay due to this fact. The proprietor has been very helpful so far in arranging transfers from Naples rail station. I hope this is a good omen.

Regards,

John Gilbey, UK

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa Flavio Gioia

We spent a week there at tghe beginnin g of Sept 2006. It was good and well located....we even had our own small balcany with views of the sea and overlooking the church courtyard. The downside was we were on the left hand side as you look at the building from the front, and got a fair bit of noise from the activities beside the building at night. Ideally, we wouldnt look to be down near the water again though. The actvities are not down at the sea, but in being near roads and being able to grab a bus to the surrounding towns and sitting in the lovely cafes etc. All this, with the advan tage of views (which is what the place is all about) is best gain ed from half way up the slope....probably somewhare along the lower ring road. It tends to be too noisy at the bottom of the hill, not to mention prices of everything esculate considerab ly as you work your way doen the hill to the water front., Our recommendation is that you locate yourself in the lower middle section ogf the slope with a view and withing easy ready of the cafes and general activities.

Amalfi
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa Flavio Gioia

Try WWW.amalfiaccommodation.com

10. Re: Villa Flavio Gioia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 21:16