We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Capri daytrip? Help...leaving tomorrow

New York,ny
Level Contributor
537 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Capri daytrip? Help...leaving tomorrow

hi,

We are leaving tomorrow for our trip! We end our 2 week trip with 3 nights in positano at the il san pietro. Our first day we get to the hotel later in the day since we are doing a drive to pompeii and sorrento on the way.

So for the next 2 days...is it worth it taking a day trip to capri? or stay in positano?

if we do the capri trip..how do we do it? take a boat? tour? private tour? any recommendations.....

thanks

California
Level Contributor
613 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Capri daytrip? Help...leaving tomorrow

Stay in Positano. You are spending so little time on the coast a day trip to Capri in my opinion would be a waste. Capri during the day is an overcrowded mess. It is only nice in the late afternoon when the daytrippers leave.

Boca Raton, FL
Level Contributor
253 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Capri daytrip? Help...leaving tomorrow

You'll love San Pietro. I stayed at Le Sirenuse but had lunch there. We took the ferry to Capri. It picked everone up right at the beach. Once in Capri, we hired a local fisherman to take us for a boat ride around the island and to Blue Grotto. Wasn't expensive. I think $100 for the trip (around 4 hours) and another $10 for the Blue Grotto. The views were breathtaking! If you do this, make sure you tell the captain (there's plenty of them looking for business at the ferry dock) you want to stop for lunch at La Fontelina. It's a centuries old beach club with great views. Have the White Sangria and Insalata Caprese! Trust me, you won't forget it! After the boat trip take the cable car up and walk around all the shops, etc. Nice way to end the day before you ferry back. I think the ferry is around 40 mins or so. They didn't have night ferries so you'll have plenty of time back in Positano to walk around the shops and have dinner. I'm jealous. Enjoy!

philadelphia
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Capri daytrip? Help...leaving tomorrow

This sounds like the perfect way to see Capri. Thanks for the advice. We wanted to stay a San Pietro but they were booked so we are staying at Le Agavi.

Amalfi
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Capri daytrip? Help...leaving tomorrow

WWW.caprionline.com is a very useful resource for those wishing to visit Capri

5. Re: Capri daytrip? Help...leaving tomorrow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 06:25