We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Sirenuse or Il San Pietro

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
225 reviews
Save Topic
Le Sirenuse or Il San Pietro

Can anyone recommend which hotel is the best? Or is it even worth splitting time between both if we're in the area long enough?

Amalfi
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Sirenuse or Il San Pietro

I like the San Pietro but they are both great Hotels

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13,678 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Sirenuse or Il San Pietro

Le Sirenuse in right in town, near the top. There is a staircase that goes down to the beach--it may be semiprivate but you still have to go down all the way on foot. We liked the restaurant very much and it has lovely views.

However, we are very glad we stayed at Il San Pietro. It is outside town, so it queter and in my opinion more romantic. Great views of the town and in the other direction (east?). Terraces all around including at the pool. Best of all, they have a small private beach and swim platform you reach BY ELEVATOR going down 270 feet to the sea.

Be aware that not all rooms are on elevator service so ask it that matters to you. It's easy to get to town by the shuttle (about 5 min walk to Sirenuse from where the shuttle drops you off, then down thru the town) or by 8euro water taxi that picks you up at the swim platform and takes you to the bottom of the town.

See my review at tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g194863-d262…

3. Re: Le Sirenuse or Il San Pietro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 04:17