We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Positano hotels

new york city
4 posts
Save Topic
Positano hotels

Traveling on our honeymoon to Positano in Sept'05, for 3 nights looking for hotel suggestions, Villa Franca is booked, however they have the Villa Franca residence available, anyone have any experience staying there? or other hotels suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
J30
Europe
Level Contributor
707 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Positano hotels

I suggest you Villa La Tartana down the beach ( www.villalatartana.it )!

Canada
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Positano hotels

We were in Positano in April and stayed at the Villa Rosa. Wonderful view and breakfast served on your own private terrace. Close to everything including the bus stops for day trips. Sept. should be a wonderful time to visit.

Mentioned in this post
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Italy
Level Contributor
151 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Positano hotels

We were at Villa Rosa and we will come back again.

The rates at Villa Rosa (as Villa La Tartana) are very reasonable and you have a Continental Breakfast in your room on your private terrace without any extra charge.

Otherwise try the Hotel California: my relatives were there and they enjoyed a lot

Wayne. New Jersey
Level Contributor
246 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Positano hotels

My husband & I stayed at the Hotel Villa Franca, September, 2004. We loved it. (I don't know what you mean about the Villa Franca residence). When we arrived without a reservation, I checked out a couple of the rooms and they were clean, but kind of dreary to me. We ended up taking a larger room, I think it was some type of suite. It had a jacuzzi and this great balcony with the BEST view of Positano, beach and coast. There is also a pool on top with the spectacular view as well.

Any questions, e-mail me.

Mentioned in this post
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
USA
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Positano hotels

Domina Royal was great last week. Bit of a walk up the hill but great. Excellent rooms with balconies etc.

Italy
Level Contributor
151 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Positano hotels

Otherwise try Villa Rosa a very nice hotel in the centre of Positano www.villarosapositano.it

Mentioned in this post
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy