We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

romantic restaurant for rehearsal dinner

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
7 posts
Save Topic
romantic restaurant for rehearsal dinner

I am searching for a romantic place to hold our rehearsal dinner. the night before our wedding in Positano. Our reception will be at Le Terraze over looking the sea, so my future mother-in-law wants the rehearsal dinner to be different "feel". I LOVE Max's, but am afraid it will be a little too expensive.

Does anyone have an idea of a restaurant that feels "dark" or romantic and doesn't over look the sea? A garden would be fine. We'll have around 40 people and are hoping for about 100 USD per person.

Thanks so much!!

J30
Europe
Level Contributor
707 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: romantic restaurant for rehearsal dinner

I suggest you La Tagliata, a trattoria up on the hills of Positano. Fmily run, simply and homemade dishes and absolutely not expensive.

They have free shuttle service for the clients from and to the hotel.

Danville, California
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: romantic restaurant for rehearsal dinner

I AGREE!! La Tagliata, in Positano (Montepertuso)(+39) 089 875 872), is great for this type of gathering. No menu's are provided, it is a set price per person, approx. 25 euro/pp. It is run by a family, mom, dad, brothers, etc... Guiseppe was our "waiter" and the meal was fabulous. They start with anti-pasta and finish with limoncello's, home-made on site, as is most of what is served. Course after course arrives at the table, pasta's, cheeses, meats, breads, desserts... and disappears just as quickly, because we ate it all as it was soooooo delicious. We ate there during the evening and really enjoyed the entire meal from food to ambiance. There was even a brief "black-out", where the restaurant lost power for a few minutes. We all just sat in the dark giggling as they began lighting candle's. The power was back on before they could lite more than 2 and the whole restaurant clapped, cheered and began eating again. We were there, in Positano, for my parent's 50th wedding anniversary and although the party was held at Chez Black, we love Mr. Black, we all ventured up to La Tagliata, which I believe is in Montepertuso, but they will send free shuttles to pick you up & return you to Posi. We were 15 people and I highly recommend you make a reservation, especially considering how large your group is. Safe travels & enjoy your trip.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: romantic restaurant for rehearsal dinner

We just came back from the Amalfi Coast last week - We held our wedding ceremony at the Doumo of Ravello and our reception at Villa Cimbrone. It was amazing to say the least!

We also had our rehearsal dinner at Latagliata and had the most fantastic time with Luigi and Momma, Peppino and Enzo and Bartolo. The view from this resturant was just breathless. The family allowed us to bring our own musicians in from Sicily. Most of the other resturants would not allow us to use them. We had the time of our lives. We had 40 family and friends with us and they all had a fantastic time. The food was endless and ... ohhhhh it was so so so good!

I had mentioned to Peppino in a e-mail before we arrived that I was looking for something very special for our reception dinner event. And Villa Cimbrone wasn't able to accommodate us. So I asked Peppino's advice to see if Villa Cimbrone was giving me accurate information. (I don't want to tell you what it was I was looking for because - I'm a bit selfish and I don't want to share all the details of our event) However - come to find out what I was looking for is very hard to come by in this part of Italy and is extreamly expensive to have if you can even find someone to do it. But as a surprise for us Peppino arranged to have it done... (It wasn't at the wedding reception but it was more amazing to have it at Lataglia than it would of even been at Villa Cimbrone.)

My rehearsal dinner was absolutely the best time of my life! Our dinner wasn't cheap by any means but it was more than I could have ever asked for.

Our wedding was more of a event than a traditional wedding. We had many surprises for all our guest and with the help of our wedding planners not one thing went wrong. (concidering that we planned our wedding out of the country) We had all kinds of people to entertain our guests fly in from all over the world. We had deserts flown in from different places. The best part is that all our legal requirements and religious requirements were compleated so we were leagally married in Italy and didn't have to come back to the states to have a legal ceremony. (For a long time we thought that we might have to do that) The paper work was a nightmare but it paid off.

If I can offer any suggestions or help you in any way please let me know. I can send you photos of Latagiata if you would like.

London, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: romantic restaurant for rehearsal dinner

Definitely go to La Tagliata. Speak with Peppe tell him to arraneg Music for you too, this extra only costs something like 150euros and it is really a great .

You can get a full meal with drinks for about 40-45 euros and the food is fantastic, the view is amazing and the staff will do anything to make the evening amazing.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
149 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: romantic restaurant for rehearsal dinner

Le Terraze !! It's on the other side of Spiaggia Grande...very romantic!

6. Re: romantic restaurant for rehearsal dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 13:19