We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

villa franca - positano

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
mmmmmm
4 posts
Save Topic
villa franca - positano

i am staying in villa franca at end of August. However their dining room is not open in evenings so does anyone know lots of restuarants in the area (if possible with fish or vegatarian menu) Also how long will it take to walk to centre/shops/beach? Thanks

J30
Europe
Level Contributor
707 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: villa franca - positano

From the Villa Franca to the centre/shops and beach you need walk about half hour, or otherwise you have to take the local bus . However if I am not wrong they have also a minivan that takes their guests to the centre.

About restaurants close to the hotel, I can suggest you:

Mediterraneo

Saraceno D'Oro

Da Vincenzo

Il Capitano

Down the beach: La Cambusa, Le Tre Sorelle and Le Terrazze dell'Incanto

But as you will be in Positano, you CAN NOT MISS La Tagliata ( situated in Montepertuso a little villa up on the hill), family restaurant where the food is very very good, they have the Vegetarian dishes, also they have free shuttle that comes to pick up you at your hotel, ask at the reception desk to make the reservation. When you will go there ask for Peppe, the owner, he will take care of you and believe me, you will really enjoy the place.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: villa franca - positano

Just got back from Posiitano a week or so ago. I originally was going to stay at Villa Franca, then found another place called Hotel Marincanto. I was so glad I switched the first day I drove into Positano and went by Villa Franca, which looked very nice, but was soooo far up the hill. Marincanto is just up the street from the Le Sirenuse and is a few minutes from the main walking street in Positano and even closer if you walk down to the beach which the Marincanto overlooks. My advice would be to switch hotels. But to answer your questions on restaurants.

We loved Bruno's which is in between the Sirenuse and Marincanto. It is a tiny little place but has seating on the sidewalk overlooking the ocean. Unbelievable views and the food was incredible. Stay away from the touristy places on the beach in Positano, especially La Cambusa. We ate there, and while the view is nice, it is like a factory for tourists. Go to the smaller more intimate places where the food is much better. I agree on Da Vencinzo's (spelling?) La Targliata is a good choice as well.