We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Covo Dei Saraceni or Villa Franca?

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Covo Dei Saraceni or Villa Franca?

My husband and I will be staying in Positano for 4 days in early October. I have narrowed it down to Covo dei Saraceni and Villa Franca. I would greatly appreciate if someone can give me their thoughts between the two. Thanks!

J30
Europe
Level Contributor
707 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Covo Dei Saraceni or Villa Franca?

I suggest you the Covo, down the beach, close to the dock, restaurants and shops.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Covo Dei Saraceni or Villa Franca?

Just got back from Posi. Go with Covo for sure. Villa Franca is way too far up the hill.

new york
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Covo Dei Saraceni or Villa Franca?

Thankyou for your input. Do Covo's standard rooms have adequate sea views? Or, should I go for the junior suite?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Covo Dei Saraceni or Villa Franca?

If you want another place to compare the Covo to, my wife and I stayed at the Hotel Marincanto. www.marincanto.it It's location is at the opposite end of the beach from the Covo. It is right on top of the cliff overlooking the beach. So its views are better than the Covo because you get the ocean view, the view of Positano and the islands off Positano. Covo is certainly closer to town, in fact it is right in town so there is less privacy and it is not as quiet. But to walk from the Marincanto to town might take 3 minutes and you have the choice of walking back down the road or walking up the beach. The main difference between the two is Covo has a pool, a restaurant and is quite a bit bigger than Marincanto. We liked the fact that the Marincanto had a little more privacy and was not as busy. The views from the Marincanto are unreal. I think it is a good choice to at least look at as a alternative to Covo.

new york
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Covo Dei Saraceni or Villa Franca?

Thank you for your information on Marincanto. Tripadvisor does not contain many posts of this hotel, however, many other travel sites do.