We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Naples Airport to Positano

Reno, Nevada
1 post
Save Topic
Getting from Naples Airport to Positano

We arrive at Naples Airport from London at 4:35pm on Tuesday, Nov 13. Is this too late in the day to take the Cuerri bus to Sorrento and then the SITA bus to Positano?

Reno, NV
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Naples Airport to Positano

I don't know the answer to your question, but I wanted to say hello because I'm also from Reno. Have you been to Positano before? I've been there several times and it is AMAZING!

J30
Europe
Level Contributor
707 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Naples Airport to Positano

The Curreri will leave from the airport at 7.30 pm and it will arrive in Sorrento at 8.45, then there will be a Sita bus at 9.00 pm and you will arrive in Positano at 9.50.

Otherwise you have to take from Nap Apt a local bus calle Alibus that will take you to the train station, then from there you have to take the Circumvesuviana train to Sorrento and then the Sita bus.

London, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Naples Airport to Positano

best to check the times on the sita website as from the first of November the bus schedule changes back to its winter times.

www.sitabus.it

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Naples Airport to Positano

Call Flavio Gioia car service they are a fantastic car service and are very reliable - the cars are clean and they are very safe.

Salerno, Italia
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Naples Airport to Positano

The SITA web site still currently lists the last SITA bus at 9pm from Sorrento to Positano. After Oct 31, 2007, the SITA people stopped the last 2 SITA buses from Sorrento to Amalfi which used to be on Sundays/Holidays at 9:40pm and Mon-Sat/non-holidays at 11pm:

sitabus.it/sitabus/…Amalfi-Sorrento.pdf

Buona Fortuna...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Naples Airport to Positano

Believe me - forget the buses It is well worth it to call a car service not only for the convience but for your own piece of mind - I am so glad we did. There wasn't any question on the safty or the time we would get to our destination. TWe never had to wait when we requested a car. They are right on time. The cars were clean and very confortable- not to mention we recieved a lot of information on the area and what to do and see. The car service is the way to go to make your triip more enjoyable.

Salerno, Italia
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from Naples Airport to Positano

As giorav mentioned, the new SITA bus schedule has been released and the last SITA bus from Sorrento to Positano leaves Mon-Sat at 8pm:

sitabus.it/sitabus/…QuadroXV.pdf

As jaycam mentioned, it would be very convenient to use a private driver at some point in your trip whether it be from Napoli Capodichino Airport or from Sorrento where the Curreri Bus drops yous off in front of the Sorrento Circumvesuviana Train Station. Here are some other recommendations:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187779-i161-k1289…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187785-i421-k1502…

If public transportation still seems like a good idea, you could think about taking the Alibus from Napoli Capodichino Airport (€3 payable to the driver, bus stops on the right cement island as you exit the airport) to Piazza Garibaldi. Then you can walk across the manic piazza toward Napoli Centrale FS Train Station. If you cross at the stop light at the left and follow the pedestrian area marked off by pylons, you might follow the crowd of other people going to Napoli Centrale. Then you can catch the Circumvesuviana Train from the Napoli Piazza Garibaldi Circumvesuviana Train Station. A ticket would be a U5 for €3.20 and you could buy your ticket from any newsstand or tobacconist in the whole train station:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187785-i421-k1152…

vesuviana.it/Reteeorari/…LineaNapoliSorrento

http://www.vesuviana.it/$Nebula2DiskC/Documents/orari/ferrovia/invernali/a02.pdf

www.vesuviana.it/Reteeorari/Ferrovia/Larete

Buona Fortuna...

8. Re: Getting from Naples Airport to Positano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 03:16