We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where do I catch the ferry in Naples?

Hillsboro, Oregon
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Where do I catch the ferry in Naples?

We'll be taking the train from Rome to Naples, and I think we're going to take the ferry from Naples to Positano... but when i look on the metro del mare website there are two Naples choices. Which is closer to the train station, Napoli Beverello or Napoli Mergellina?

Thanks!

J30
Europe
Level Contributor
707 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where do I catch the ferry in Naples?

Unfortunatly the metro del mare does not stop in Positano, you need arrive in Amalfi and then from there take a ferry to Positano. From Naples you need leave from Molo Beverello.

Mentioned in this post
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
UK
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where do I catch the ferry in Naples?

The ferries to the Amalfi coast and the islands (when running) go from the Molo Beverello. Alternatively - if you're coming by train anyway - the Circumvesuviana railway is in the lower floor of the Napoli Centrale/Termini Station - also called Napoli Piazza Garibaldi. So you could take a train to Sorrento and then a SITA blue bus (public transport) to Positano.

The buses to the Amalfi coast and Pompei (blue SITA company) also go from the port area of Naples- the time-tables of the buses: www.sit-on-line.it/CampaniaTPL.html

The time-table goes from last September to this June - so a new one is due soon. Anyway - on this current time-table, there is a SITA bus from the port side of town - at 8.45am that arrives at Positano at 10.45 then goes on to Amalfi at 11.35am - this is the route that goes all round the coast drive. The other route - part motorway, there's a bus at 10.00am and gets to Amalfi at 11.55am, but not Positano. You'd have to get another from Amalfi to Positano.... alternatively go to Sorrento and catch a bus from there to Positano - there seem to be more of them. You need to check which buses are daily - which are weekdays only etc. and there's the return trip times to check too- some will take longer than others or go by motorway. I wonder if there are any buses going direct from Rome.... perhaps you can do a search for that on the web or put out another call on the Tripadvisor site !!!! Best wishes, Nolana

Mentioned in this post
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Sorrento
Sorrento
Province of Naples, Italy