We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Service

Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
150 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Car Service

I am in need of a car service to pick me up at The Naples Train station and drive me to Positano. I will be arriving March 1st for a week visit. What can I expect the town to be like at this time of year?

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Province of Naples, Italy
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Reno, NV
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Service

I always use www.positanoholidaycarservice.com - I've had amazing service from them.

I've not been to Positano in March, but I'm sure one of the locals can help you out with that!

Mentioned in this post
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Poughkeepsie, New...
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Service

Hi Andrew,

Since you have some time I would get several quotes. I have used Scialone (scialone.com). Very good and reliable. They are based out of Sorrento but do the Napoli to Positano thing. In TA you can search under the Campania forum which lists all the towns. Start reading the reviews of car companies. There are a lot of good reviews and some bad ones. Once you narrowed down you list start getting quotes. Good Luck and have fun.

Mentioned in this post
Sorrento
Sorrento
Province of Naples, Italy
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
150 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Service

Thank you

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
15,187 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Service

We used positano limos, booked thru the hotel. Was 110 euros for mercedes sedan. Lovely drive. Town should be quiet.

Amalfi
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Service

I recommend Salvatore Lucibello of DriveAmalfi. Salvatore's email address is info@driveamalfi.com

6. Re: Car Service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2013, 18:58
7. Re: Car Service

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2008, 20:56
Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
150 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Service

Thank you ron073 the weather sounds fantastica! I am so excited about exploring Positano. I prefer the quieter time rather than the hordes of people I saw in July. How about restaurants and bars, will thay be open the first week of March?

Mentioned in this post
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
London, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Service

Try Luigi at luigi@amalficoastlimo.com

March is a funny month, (last year we had sun the first week and snow in the second). Tourist wise, it is a nice quiet month, so you get to have a relaxing week without the long queues.

Hope you have a nice time

10. Re: Car Service

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

Removed on: 28 January 2008, 20:55