We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
3 posts
Save Topic
Hotels

Hi-

My husband and I are going to sorrento and to the malfi coast in october. we are looking at hotel suggestions that are nice, but not crazy expensive. any suggestions. also, if we want to visit pompei, the isle of capri and all of the other popular areas in the south, do you recommend we stay in one hotel and take the ferry and buses to different areas, or move from place to place and stay in new hotels. thank you!

Positano
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
955 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels

The coast is well connected by Sita bus. If you don't go in late October there may still be ferries running, depending on the weather. It would probably be wiser to stay put in one hotel rather than lug bags around and waste valuable holiday time. Sorrento or Positano would make good bases to move around from. There are plenty of Bed and Breakfasts in Positano if you are looking for something less expensive or lower priced hotels. They will still be open. Look at Hotel California, Hotel Vittoria, Hotel Pasitea, Pensione Maria Luisa, Villa Gabrisa, La Rosa dei Venti, Venus Inn etc. There are plenty!

chicago
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels

thanks so much for the advice. i will take a look. are all of these hotels pretty close to the main attractions? thanks again!

Positano
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
955 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels

Hotel California is a five minute walk, right across the road to Le Sirenuse,an exclusive hotel. The rest are in the quieter Fornillo area which is a 10 minute downhill walk into town but has good restaurants very close by. A look at the reveiws on the left hand side is a good place to start.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels

In Positano, check out La Rosa Dei Venti. Run by a wonderful local family, this place has charm, is very clean, and in a wonderful location. The rooms all come with amazing balconies with views to die for. They are all equipped with kitchens as well which could help save you some money.

We spent a couple of nights cooking, drinking wine and just relaxing on the patio. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

J30
Europe
Level Contributor
707 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels

I suggest you Villa La Tartana, one minute's walk from the main beach of Positano!!!

6. Re: Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 03:18