We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is this the resort for me?

lancashire
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
is this the resort for me?

hi everyone, i`m looking for a relatively laid back resort but not dead!! somewhere where people watching around a beautiful harbour is a nightly occurence , no football shirts or banging music,reasonable prices and no daytripers. we want to celebrate our silver wedding. will postiano fill this brief? (we go to kas in turkey most years, if anyone knows this resort. how does it compare)?

thanks to everyone that may take the time to reply

ChuangLi, Taiwan
Level Contributor
28 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is this the resort for me?

If you are looking for tranquillity, Positano won't be a destination fulfill your needs. There are tourists everywhere day & night...or go to Positano in off season, but that is the time no hotels and restaurants for you.

Level Contributor
533 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: is this the resort for me?

Positano is a busy, exciting place to visit. There are, indeed, day trippers. However, it is an incredible place and you can take day trips yourself to many other places along the Amalfi Coast.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,223 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is this the resort for me?

As lovely as itis Positano is very touristy, I have heard it called POSItano,

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is this the resort for me?

Have a look at Massa Lubrense which sits between Sorrento & Possitano. For this area quite non touristy. Nice little harbour called Marina del Lobra which sits below the town. Possitano does not have the football shirts, nor a lot of loud music, but your credit card will melt and not with the heat, 1000's of day trippers to a very small harbour & beech

lancashire
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is this the resort for me?

thanks everyone ..i`ll look at Massa Lub up the coast. what would we do without trip advisor and the nice people who are willing to share their advice and experiences!!

Hot Sulphur...
Level Contributor
880 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is this the resort for me?

Massa Lubrense is a perfect place. We spent 5 days there and loved every moment.

7. Re: is this the resort for me?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 17:19