We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to Positano from Rome

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
3 posts
Save Topic
Best way to get to Positano from Rome

Couple of 'oldies' travelling with full travel allowance of luggage looking for best way to get from Rome to Positano, particularly last leg as we understand no trains there.

PortStLucieFlorida
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get to Positano from Rome

As I just made this trip in June/July 2008. My advice would be the following: Leonardo Express to Roma Termini---Train to Salerno Not Naples!! Ferry to Positano and then have porter deliver your luggage from boat to hotel/apt Holyroller

Sydney
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get to Positano from Rome

Thanks for such a speedy reply, Rome direct to Salerno sounds like a good idea as we have no need to go to Naples. I have found the timetable on www.trenitalia.com/en/index.html and will look for ferry site.

J30
Europe
Level Contributor
707 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get to Positano from Rome

Dear Joe Joe,

In this moment the schedule from Salerno ( Piazza della Concordia) to Positano is:

Linee Marittime Partenopee

8.40am - 9.40am - 10.40am - 11.40am - 14.10pm - 15.30pm - 17.15pm

Positano
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
966 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get to Positano from Rome

If you are going before mid September you can also catch a 7am bus from Piazza Tiburtina direct to Positano which arrives around 11.30. See the Marozzi bus site.

http://www.marozzivt.it/

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get to Positano from Rome

I would take the train to Naples from Rome -- get on the "fast" train, can't remember what that was called but it was NOT the inter-city connector that stops several times, and thus, takes longer. THEN, when you arrive in Naples Station, arrange for a driver to pick you up -- I think we used PositanoCar Service -- and they will help you with your bags, and wisk you to Positano in an hour while you enjoy the beautiful view. We paid 110 euros last summer each way, and it was worth every single penny! The drivers are like the most pleasant tour guides in the world, and if you are going to Positano, you won't want to miss a minute of that beautiful scenery!! Have a great trip!! CIao!!

Sydney
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to get to Positano from Rome

To those who have responded, thank you. We are in Paris on the first leg of the trip and expect to be in Positano around 4th October. When we get back to Australia I will bring you up to date on how it all went. Current plan is train direct to Salerno with no change in Naples and then catch the hourly bus service.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,152 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way to get to Positano from Rome

This post on Slow travel has inof about the Salerno Train station and pictures of it

slowtalk.com/groupee/…

It aqppears that the train station injn Salerno is right on the water and near the port where you can take hydrofoils/ferries to the other Amalfi coast cites in the toputist season May 15-Oct 15.

aspley
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best way to get to Positano from Rome

Hi JoejoeK88 just found your note re Rome to Positano and wondered if you could give me some ideas of that area please. We also are a few "oldies" from Australia, and we would like your info as to how you found the best way to get from Rome to the Amalfi coast area. We are not sure exactly where we will be based at the moment - how long did you have there also. We hope to do the trip in July - and of course that will be the busiest time but we have a wedding to attend in London in late June. Look forward to your reply.

thanks.

annaspley.

9. Re: Best way to get to Positano from Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 07:20