We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gay Travellers in Amalfi

london
2 posts
Save Topic
Gay Travellers in Amalfi

Anyone any idea what reception we'll be given at Hotel Santa Caterina? - We're two (gay) guys booked in later in the month and had mixed reviews of hotel's attitude toward gay couples. The prices they're charging they shouldn't mind if a herd of goats slept in one bed!

Any feedback would help a couple of worrysom old quuens!

J30
Europe
Level Contributor
707 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gay Travellers in Amalfi

I do not think that you will have problem at Hotel Santa Caterina as everywhere along the Amalfi coast.

Do not worry and enjoy your time in Amalfi!

Mentioned in this post
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
montreal, canada
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gay Travellers in Amalfi

Hi, Blue45--My partner and I (two women) will be in Positano at the end of the month. Thanks for your post. I don't know anything about your specific hotel, but I have heard that the Amalfi coast is pretty "tolerant" (what a horrible word!). We'll be at the Punta Regina in Positano. Hope we run into you!

Mentioned in this post
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Nashville
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gay Travellers in Amalfi

The Southern Italians tend to be very warm and gracious to everyone. On my yearly visit to the Amafi Coast I have seen many American gay couples. Particularly in Ravello and Positano. Go, enjoy yourself. And may I add, enjoy the views! Italian men are a delight for the eyes!!

Mentioned in this post
Ravello
Ravello
Amalfi Coast, Italy
st lucia
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Gay Travellers in Amalfi

Hi Blue45, Italy is full of "old queens" like yourself so you'll be just fine.

Netherlands
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gay Travellers in Amalfi

Hey, Blue45 My partner and I were in Amalfi 2 years ago and stayed at the Hotel Luna. We spent a lot of time in the village of Amalfi, having drinks on the square there, and no one seemed to care or notice. (Pity, eh?) In Positano, there is a lovely hotel called the Poseidon which is or was gay friendly, or was about 7 years ago. They have a nice terrace bar/restaurant. You are right about the prices at the Caterina. When you check in, just be firm in your request for a room with one bed, as sometimes you can be asked if you want two. Have a great time. We loved it there. When are you going? I will try to find the name of a restaurant we really enjoyed there. Have a great trip!

Mentioned in this post
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Chelsea MA
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Gay Travellers in Amalfi

I am a single gay man I will be in Positano August 26th till Sept 5. I will be staying at a private Villa.