We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Donna Rosa restaurant...any good?

london
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Donna Rosa restaurant...any good?

Hi Has anyone been to the Donna Rosa restaurant in Montepertuso above Positano? I've seen some good reviews but never seen it mentioned here....

Many thanks

DC
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Donna Rosa restaurant...any good?

I was there about 4 years ago when it first opened. I went with Positanese people and we all enjoyed it tremendously.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Donna Rosa restaurant...any good?

Il Ritrovo I found to be a bit better, also in Montepertuso.

sorrento - Italy
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Donna Rosa restaurant...any good?

Ristorante La Tagliata has wonderful view of Positano from the top and very good food

J30
Europe
Level Contributor
707 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Donna Rosa restaurant...any good?

I agree with Thedriver , I suggest La Tagliata too. They have free shuttle service.

london
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Donna Rosa restaurant...any good?

Thanks so much everyone, i shall look these up...so many choices!

london
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Donna Rosa restaurant...any good?

Hi

I just read a review saying La Tagliata serves mostly meat dishes...is this true. Unfortunately i only eat fish...no meat...do you think i'd have a problem eating there?

London, UK
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Donna Rosa restaurant...any good?

La Tagliata has meat and fish, was just there a few days ago. But, I'd seriously recommend Il Ritrovo over LT. Both have free shuttle service, but food at IR was (in my opinion), MUCH better.

LT served greasy grilled meats, pasta was one of the poorer ones I've had in Positano. IR has great pasta, I'd recommend the home made pasta with shrimp and truffle sauce, REALLY good. Had a T-bone as well, which wasn't great, but would satisfy your meat fix.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
32 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Donna Rosa restaurant...any good?

We really liked Da Costantino - great view, excellent food (including seafood), a free shuttle, and not all that expensive. It's on the road up to Montepertuso, but not right in the town like the others. We had a disappointing experience (food, and particularly service) at Il Ritrovo. Tried to go to Donna Rosa, but they didn't offer a shuttle.

Positano
Level Contributor
223 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Donna Rosa restaurant...any good?

holland_esq this is the first time that I heard such a bad comment about la Tagliata.

Let me first say that I am from Positano and I am not related to the guys at La Tagliata.

La Tagliata is one of the best place on the whole of the Amalfi Coast for meat.

The pasta there is really good too, home made.

I have been there to eat a lot of time with a lot of friends and I can easily say that I haven't been disappointed once!!!!

The cooker (Salvatore) of IR is a great guy and the food there is as good as LT but probably I can say different!!! LT is more family style. More simple, locate receipts.

Of course those are just personal impressions, from an Italian point of view, regarding some Italian restaurant!!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Donna Rosa restaurant...any good?

Donna Rosa was one of the best meals we had in Italy! Everything was amazing! I highly recommend it. We also went to La Tagliata. Donna Rosa is much fancier and the food quality is much better. That being said, La Tagliata was a fun, relaxed dinner in a family-run restaurant.