We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone use wifi hot spot in Positano Marina?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,477 posts
Save Topic
Anyone use wifi hot spot in Positano Marina?

My hotel is a tad behind the times and does not have wifi - I googled and found a site that says that there is a wifi hotspot at the Marina in Positano. Anyone have experience with it to know if it really exists?

Also - does anyone know if it is possible to go to a hotel that does have wifi and offer to pay for the use of it for awhile or buy a drink in their bar or eat at their ristorante to access their wifi.

I have to do a bit work while I am there and would like to know my options.

Thanks much.

nancy france
Level Contributor
29 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone use wifi hot spot in Positano Marina?

There is no "marina" in Positano but you will find easily several hotspots in town.

If you are lucky enough you will probably find free access somewhere in town.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,477 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone use wifi hot spot in Positano Marina?

Well, it is not a marina per se, but the tiny harbor and beach area is what I meant. Well, I am now here in Positano and there is a little internet shop that tells me that there are no free wifi areas as it is the law that everyone must register...hmmm. he charges 3 euros for 15 minutes up to 8 euros for an hour. But, I do not plan on being on my computer very much and needed to check in on work emails.

Good lord it is beautiful today and there is a fish festival at the fornillo beach, right where I am staying tonight (Sept 26) if anyone is in the area and may want to come. it starts at 7 p.m. and they will have fresh fish, wine and music and from what I understand, the price is very very little.

J30
Europe
Level Contributor
707 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone use wifi hot spot in Positano Marina?

Down the beach there is La Brezza Internet Point or the Wine bar La Pergola, otherwise nearby the main square Piazza dei Mulini, there is la Zagara Bar.

Unfortunately there are not free area in Positano, as per Italian rules we have to know who is using internet so if you are going to use it in one of these places, bring your passport with you.

Enjoy!!!!

4. Re: Anyone use wifi hot spot in Positano Marina?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2010, 04:18