We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting married on the Amalfi coast - Help !!!!

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Getting married on the Amalfi coast - Help !!!!

We are looking to get married in Positano or Sorrento in September this year.

We plan to organize the wedding ourselves (for approx 50 guests). I have read various posts on this website indicating that it is possible to organize a wedding on the Amalfi coast without using a wedding planner.

Does anybody have contact details of the priests in these areas or are you better off going out there and then trying to contact a priest on the ground?

Does anybody know if you can provide your own music in the church – obviously appropriate to the surroundings!

Do hotels give a breakdown of rates for different menus for wedding parties in their restaurant?

I have heard that dancing is not allowed in Positano, is this the same for other towns on the Amalfi coast?

Planning to travel out to the area next month to confirm plans so trying to get as much information as possible before we go.

Thanks

Orange, California
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting married on the Amalfi coast - Help !!!!

We were just married in November in Positano. We investigated wedding planners on the internet - and found them to be very expensive. I would recommend finding someone who lives in the town to assist you. There are many people from US and UK who reside in Amalfi towns. Our photographer is one such person. She knows most of the local vendors in town and ended up planning our wedding and honeymoon for us for a very reasonable rate in addition to her photography fee. If she is unable to plan your wedding, I am sure she can refer you to someone locally who can. If you are interested, please indicate and I will post her name/email address.

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting married on the Amalfi coast - Help !!!!

Sucherin - Thanks for the information. We would be delighted if you could send us the e-mail / contact details of your photographer. My e-mail is john_healy@geapt.ie Thanks !

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting married on the Amalfi coast - Help !!!!

Sucherin - Sorry wrong e-mail address, correct one is john.healy@geapt.ie

Mant thanks !

FL
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting married on the Amalfi coast - Help !!!!

How brave to plan a wedding from that far without a planner!

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting married on the Amalfi coast - Help !!!!

Sucherin-are there residency requirements in order to get married in Italy? I read 1 month from somewhere. If your person can give me some info, I would appreciate it. I would love to "renew my vows" with my husband. Our wedding 3yrs ago was so hurried and hectic, I'd like to have the ceremony I always wanted. We will be in Sorrento/Positano/Amalfi in Sept 06. It's 2nd marriage for both of us so destination wedding/vows is ideal. My email is loidajen4@aol.com Thanks!

Orange, California
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting married on the Amalfi coast - Help !!!!

No residency requirements, but the paperwork is a real hassle. We decided to marry officially at the local court house in the U.S. before we left. Our wedding in Italy was a "symbolic" ceremony performed by a local official, whom I believe is able to perform legal ceremonies - provided you have your paperwork in order. Check with the Italian consulate website to verify what is needed (or go to one of the wedding planner websites - just type "Italy weddings" into a google search and you should get lots of hits. These websites give basic info about what paperwork you need to be legally married in Italy). Hope this helps!

7. Re: Getting married on the Amalfi coast - Help !!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2006, 14:36
Italy
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting married on the Amalfi coast - Help !!!!

Whatever you do don't listen to Positanoitaly. Her info is different for us people. You as an Irish person will have no hastle at all. It's much easier for you to get married in Italy.

GOOD LUCK.

Italy
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting married on the Amalfi coast - Help !!!!

oops just read my message and what I mean by us people is really people from the USA.

10. Re: Getting married on the Amalfi coast - Help !!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2006, 16:56
Get answers to your questions about Positano
Recent Conversations