We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Positano for babymoon?

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
3 posts
Save Topic
Positano for babymoon?

Hi all,

My husband and I are considering where to go for our babymoon but unfortunately the earliest we can travel is at the end of October, when I will be 25 weeks pregnant. My 2 questions are:

1) Is the last week of October still nice weather?

2) Is it manageable to get around Positano if 25 weeks pregnant? I've heard a lot about the stairs and while we could look into hotels that are closer to ground level, I'm wondering how much stairs and such are involved in walking/touring around the area in general, and if we would be missing out by trying to avoid them?

We have had Positano on our list of places for a while now and can't decide whether to take this opportunity to go or to go with a safer locale.

Thanks in advance for the help! Very much appreciated.

-Babymooner

Coto de Caza...
Destination Expert
for Amalfi Coast
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Positano for babymoon?

October weather should still be nice. Positano is steep for walking but as you say, you can stay in a hotel in the lower part of the town. Depends on your fitness, what you doctor recommends, and what you want to do on your holiday. If you want to relax in a gorgeous place and maybe not tour around too much it should be perfect. Stay at the Palazzo Murat or Buca di Bacco. Stairs in Positano and other Amalfi Coast towns are common along with sloping paths. Again, it really depends on your fitness.

Wherever you go: congratulations and have a great time!

2. Re: Positano for babymoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 13:15