We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Positano with a 11 month old baby?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Positano with a 11 month old baby?

We are going to be travelling in September this year and I would really like to do the Amalfi Coast as I haven't done it yet. Does anyone have suggestions of the best place to stay with a 11 month old baby? I would like to go to Positano but am not sure if this would be the best place with the baby? Any other tips are welcomed! Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Amalfi Coast
Amalfi Coast
Campania, Italy
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Positano with a 11 month old baby?

Walking (and carrying a baby) is pretty much up and down in Positano. Sorrento is mostly flat, but it's not on the Amalfi Coast.

Mentioned in this post
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Sorrento
Sorrento
Province of Naples, Italy
Amalfi Coast
Amalfi Coast
Campania, Italy
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
27,283 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Positano with a 11 month old baby?

if you choose one of these steep villages then get a baby backpack because an 11 month old is a lot to carry -- and they are not stroller friendly. At this age, we always thought a backpack was the best way to travel with a baby anyway. Then you can make your choice based on where you want to be.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
48,668 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Positano with a 11 month old baby?

You could stay in Amalfi,which is not flat but much easier to get around than Positano, , really Sorrento would be ideal , not Amalfi Coast but as near as,

Mentioned in this post
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Sorrento
Sorrento
Province of Naples, Italy
Amalfi Coast
Amalfi Coast
Campania, Italy
Positano, Italy
Level Contributor
96 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Positano with a 11 month old baby?

Hi!

Living here from N.Y.( Positano) for the past 20 years I have experienced lots of children even younger with their exuberant parents enjoying all the sites and benefits of Positano.

A baby backpack is the most effficient and convenient way to move around-This presupposes your fitness level. Baby strollers are used regularly here. Remember Positano mothers and their children live here too and move around quite easily.

Your overall enjoyment requires a baby friendly hotel and convenience to shops , pharmacy and local transportation buses and ferries to Ammalfi, Sorrent etc.) as well as scenic beauty. Take a look at Hotels Marincanto, La Bougainville as well as La Tartana and B&B's such as La Tavolozza.

Edited: 12 February 2012, 13:36
Mentioned in this post
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Hotel Marincanto
Hotel Marincanto
1,253 Reviews
Positano, Italy
Hotel La Bougainville
Hotel La Bougainville
642 Reviews
Positano, Italy
Texas
Level Contributor
1,485 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Positano with a 11 month old baby?

I agree with Growly! If you want a less expensive hotel, we stayed at the Villa delle palme last summer which is in a great location in Positano and wonderfully friendly and helpful family staff - I think they would love a baby!

Mentioned in this post
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
6. Re: Positano with a 11 month old baby?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2013, 10:24