We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome - Positano. Any Suggestions?

Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Rome - Positano. Any Suggestions?

Hi,

I am traveling to Italy in May with 2 other adults. What is the best (easiest+cheap) way of getting to Positano? Would like to get to Positano in a day. I have read a private car but only wanted go down that road as a last resort.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Damian

Edited: 15 March 2012, 03:02
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,242 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome - Positano. Any Suggestions?

Train Rome to Naples www.trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html

Train Naples lower basement station to Sorrento and Pompeii Scavi www.vesuviana.it

Amalfi coast bus Sorrento to Salerno and Amalfi to Ravello

sitabus.it/sitabus/…QUADROXV.pdf

Ferry www.coopsantandrea.com www.capri.net

www.amalficoastweb.com

New York City, New...
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome - Positano. Any Suggestions?

I suggest taking the bus from Rome (bus leaves at 7am and 3pm from Tiburtina bus terminal) to Sorrento. The link to the bus web site is as below, cost 18 Euro, 3.45 hours. You can buy ticket online too.

http://www.marozzivt.it/web.aspx

Then from Sorrento, take the SITA bus to Positano. Buy ticket at local tobacco shop.

sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5070.pdf

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,472 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome - Positano. Any Suggestions?

Take direct train from Rome to Salerno, then (depending on the time of your arrival) take a ferry (or bus) from Salerno to Positano.

If you do a search of this board you will see this discussed MANY times and the various options.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,124 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome - Positano. Any Suggestions?

I would consider taking the train to Naples, and then a private limo transfer to Positano from the station. The driver/car would cost about 100 Euros (+or-) but split 3 ways...and it would be by far the quickest...and easiest.

5. Re: Rome - Positano. Any Suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 05:42